Valentino: The Last Emperor

And I would never forget the scene after his couture show, Karl grabbed the hands of Valentino and whispered to him:
"Compared to us, the rest are making rags."-Karl

hahahahaha!!!

I couldn't believe they got this on film! That's great filmmaking..

I watched it a few weeks ago at Berkeley's Pacific Film Archive Theater... It was amazing and witty... Very genuine.. I was disheartened when the movie ended mainly because it was like 'Valentino' came to an end.... Ahhhhhhhh.

I loved this movie, you really felt like you got to know the real Valentino. I agree that the ending just made me miss his work even more! I rented it and I couldn't resist but to buy it after I watched it. :blush:

Ooh my gosh
I just watch it twice.. really loved it !
I want to see another one.. i think designer must put nice movies likethis too ..to show that fashion has a big role in this society and life .. that some people does knows that life is beautiful ..

Finally got watch this and it was wonderful. It wasn't him just swanning around on his boat it showed everything. Two collections with fittings & shows, a exhibtion, his award ceremony, parties and property. I so want a better look see at the Chateau de Wideville in Paris and I want a pug.

My favourite person was Michael his majordomo and loved when Andre Leon Talley going crazy over his kaftan. His scream and "OMG I cannot even tell you". I'm using that saying.

Some moments were weird like Elle MacPherson's classy comment "Look at your t*ts". The Italian women did not look amused. Why did that have to be in there. Suprised to see Kathy Horne. I would have thought she was on the outs with him like the others.

And I agree with other - that Matteo Marzotto is just blah. God I wanted to slap him. He is what you call a "snake-oil salesman". He was just so smug. You could tell by the way Valentino "hugged" that he doesn't really like him.

Not as good as Largerfeld Confidential but better than The September Issue.

Oh and the final words at the end about the amazing Alessandra Facchinette were rude. I totally agree.

And I would never forget the scene after his couture show, Karl grabbed the hands of Valentino and whispered to him:
"Compared to us, the rest are making rags."-Karl

hahahahaha!!!

LMAO. Some of the things Karl says. Gotta love it. I wish more people would be less concerned about political correctness.

Also, after seeing The September Issue the other day, I now want to see this one too.

I just finished watching the movie and i loved it, it was wonderful, I loved it when Valentino came out at the end of his 45th Couture show and started crying it made him seem so... human. Does anyone know the songs played in the movie?

i hope there will be more movies like this in the future. after seeing the september issue, lagerfeld confidential and all the arte documentaries I'm hungry to see more!!

Liberty33r1b, you can also see Un roi seul, it's about Karl Lagerfeld and it's on youtube. :wink:

i had an email from the people who produce it the other day and they said there isn't a release date for the uk anytime soon, i suspect maybe the end of the year and it could possibly be out

Luckily I have a multi region DVD player, so I can order the US Region 1 edition, but it is slightly annoying we haven't had a UK release of it.

For British viewers the film is being shown on BBC4 on the 23rd of May.

Not bad!

Excellent movie....the best fashion movie ever made; better than the september issue and the devil wears prada. the intimacy, the gritty emotion, the adherence to the power of image, and the editing all make a great story while providing an in-depth, unique look into the life of one of fashion's gods....beautiful.

i just watched this movie.

my favorite moment was when karl lagerfeld turned to valentino and said snidely "Compared to us, the rest are making rags."

i had a much better impression of valentino after watching the movie.

Finally have the chance to watch the movie online... five years late but whatever... The closing is surely very bittersweet. It's obvious he still wants to create dresses, but he decided to get off rather than making dresses for the sake of getting the most money as possible which is against his intention in the first place. I hope the very best for him and Giancarlo. They are perfect as a couple :heart:

I saw Pier at some scene on the movie but where is Maria? I really thought they're always come up as a pair everywhere :lol:

Ok so i just watched The Last Emperor and my god what an amazing insight. It was funny and dazzling and sad and oh...i could go on. It's only the first Fashion doc i've ever watched so yes i'm sure there are better ones out there but i really liked this. And having been to the Valentino exhibition...it was all the more amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alliexcx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->