Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2006 : the Models

funkalicious

Reaction score
Excerpt from indiantelevision.com

The one-hour 2006 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, which will be broadcast on the CBS Television Network in December 2006, began as an Internet event in 1996 and, due to its overwhelming success, was picked-up for broadcast rights by CBS in 2001.

This year, the show moves from New York to the Kodak Theater in Los Angeles for the first time, and features top models Gisele Bundchen, Adriana Lima, Izabel Goulart, Karolina Kurkova, Alessandra Ambrosio, and Selita Ebanks, as well as some very special guests, informs an official release.

This year's fashion spectacular will feature dazzling runway segments, musical performances, red carpet interviews, model profiles and a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the world's most celebrated fashion show, adds the release.

So what do you want to expect from this year's show?

Models? Music? Theme?

What changes do you think there'll be since it's moving from the usual location of New York to Hollywood?

I don't see Heidi Klum in the list of models so yay I guess! She's over her prime.

Let the magic begin!

^^ heidi isn't on the list because she will be giving birth to her child in december, and the show is usually taped in November :wink: Isabeli fontana should give birth a month before the taping i think but i don't think they'll cast her if she looks the way heidi looked last year... Heidi is jsut really popular, that's why she did it

about the model i really hope eugenia volodina will do the show again this year... She really has a great body for lingerie !

As far as new faces go, i can see katja shchekina and Valentina Z (both featured in the catalog) and maybe Rianne ten Haken, she's definitely made for lingerie, i woner what VS is waiting for

I'm glad they won't feature Heidi anymore, she looked just so wrong and out of place last year, and too old, maybe. or a combination of all that.

I would agree, however for a woman that just had a baby she looked amazing. I thought Tyra was the one who looked out of place. She looked fantastic in the past shows but in this one...her facial expression was so off....instead of looking 'fierce' like she usually does, I got the impression that she spent most of her time on the runway looking around and glaring at the other models or various ppl in the audience. :unsure:

I agree theglassangel, she was just out of place.

I don't know what is in store for this year, all I know is that thay have thei work cut out for them to top last years, for sure. Hopefully they will have some of the models they had in the last lineup, not because VS is classy, but because VS is publicity. Besides, it is quite a show.

I AM looking forward to it.

I hope more high fashion models are in it. I hope Andie Muise is in it. I thought she was great. Doutzen is pure...sex....they should always have her there. Eugenia and Fernanada are always there so hopefully, I can count them in. Oh and Angela Lindvall is great ( I know some ppl don't like her, though) so hopefully she'll be there too.

I will miss Heidi. Heidi is MADE for Victoria's Secret. She may be slightly older but she's got hips and boobs. I love fashion models but I don't love fashion models in lingerie shows. I prefer SI models for that. Heidi will be sorely missed.

How many current models can boast this body? Courtesty of www.km02.com (Tribute to Heidi Klum)

Attachments

• ru18.jpg
    ru18.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 58
  • ru20.jpg
    ru20.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited by a moderator:
Um, no offence but Gisele, Adriana, Stephanie Seymour, Claudia Schiffer (well, ad work but still). Their bodies are way more amazing than heidi's. Don't get me wrong, her body is good but honestly...it's not that great.

I don't take offense. To each his own. I don't like Gisele's long and narrow body and I don't like Adriana's skinny legs. I do admire Stephanie's body but am not a fan of implants. Again, to each his own.

To further illustrate my point. Aside from boobs, Gisele doesn't have any curves. Heidi is all curves. However, this is my taste and it's debatable. Again courtesy of www.km02.com

Attachments

• ru136.jpg
    ru136.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 0158.jpg
    0158.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited by a moderator:
When I saw Heidi on the runway last year I felt bad because having children really did a number on her hips. Tyra looked like a tranny and made me uncomfortable. The best VS models IMO are Gisele, Karolina, and Izabel. I don't really care for Adriana and Alessandra because they only have one look.

As for a theme, I'd love something twenties. I love my flappers, vamps, and silents. I can picture something with top hats and canes too, but I don't think they could all pull off a Louise Brooke cut. It would probably be too blunt for the majority of them.

I am sorry, but Mischa Barton?!? No offence, I have met her and she is BEYOND average. Her personality leaves a lot to be desired, not to mention her body---which is untoned, short, and disproportioned. She would stick out like a sore thumb amongst the amazing genetic figures of the models.
Kurkova is GORGEOUS, I can't believe you don't like her!!!
Personally, I cannot wait to see Julia Stegner...she is amazing.

ullissillu said:
I'm kind of hoping it would like this victorian or avantgarde theme. Very black and white... but probably it wouldn't work very well for the brand and isn't what they're aiming for... maybe like a 20's theme with all that comes with that: flapper dresses, lindy-hop, beautifully made up hairdos... ah I'm looking forward to the show...

Regarding the models, I am sooo tired of K Kurkova, she's so blank to the camera it's disturbing... I would like to see Mischa Barton amongst the usual squad... that would be fresh!

Mischa Barton? This is what happens when you let women pick models for a lingerie show. :smile:

Call me cheesy but I want to see boobs and booty. Most of my male friends said that most of the models used are way too skinny. They want a little more bounce. Also, most of the general public is not aware of the current fashion models. They want to see Tyra, Heidi, and Gisele.

Okay, I'm a girl and Mischa is the LAST socialite I would want to see on the VS runway. No offence. I cannot stand her. She wouldn't fit, and she would fail miserabely trying, although it would give me a viable reason for really not liking her.

But seriously now, they are going to pick models that they see fit for the job at that moment, and it's sad that Heidi won't be in the group, but they just don't want her in this years show, allow some fresh blood in, I suppose.

THAT is my two cents.

i really cannot stand karolina.....she just is not pretty and her eyes are dead! but to each her own (or his own ^_^ ) i would love to see a jazzy flapper esque show though, and while im not necessarily a fan of christina aguilera.....the whole vibe of her new album seems like it may fit right in.

as far as starlets in the show, what about a curvy ms. johansen?

I care very much for Adriana. She's one of my favs...not for artistic purposes of course ( I have Sasha P for that), but the girl is bloody hot. :D My girlfriends (as in girl buddies :P) call her the Sex on Legs

I'd love to see Natasha Poly

as far as a celebrity on the VS runway..i dont' think Mischa would be a standout.....
hmm..... think Christina Aguilera would be great...i'm not really a huge fan of hers..but i think she has the right attitude to give on a runway..the "i'm top sh*t..look at me i'm so sexy attitude"..lol..plus she' really toned her figure doen and has big boobs too....lol..i dunno....just giving ideas

can' wait for the 2006 show..it should be awesome..they always manage to outdo themselves form the year before..and i agree with ullissillu..id love to see a flapper kind of theme....i think it would be cool..very Chicago'ish kind of theme

Seems like all of you are down for a flapper/jazz/20s segment this time round! Now I thought the "Revenge" theme from Project Runway will be very neat too!

Model's I'd like to appear are

The Veterans aka Angels
Adriana Lima
Gisele Bundchen
Izabel Goulart
Karolina Kurkova
Naomi Cambell

The Returners
Ana-Beatriz Barros
Bianca Balti
Carmen Kass
Caroline Trentini