Vintage Hermès Scarves

KayPink

Reaction score
I'm so excited, I just got my first vintage Hermes scarf as a birthday gift from my wonderful boyfriend. It's in perfect, brand-new condition, navy blue with horses all over it. I'm just wondering if anyone else has vintage Hermes scarves, and if so, how do you store them? I obviously don't want to just shove it in a drawer. Should I keep it folded up in the box? Please give me some advice :flower:

If you have the original box, I would keep it in there... otherwise, I would put it in a zip lock baggy with a sachet. I'm no textiles expert though, that's just what I would do. :smile:

generally i would not store natural fibres in plastic- air needs to circulate to let the fabric breath. i would store them folded in boxes between bleach free tissue (theres a reason the stores continue to do this). To be really picky-fine silk should be stored between sheets of fine muslin- but the tissue should work for you...

I'd check eBay for hermes storage boxes and sachets. They always have items like that for sale and you could probably pick one up for a decent price. And congrats on your scarf. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonic boom
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->