Vogue Paris December 2017/January 2018 : Rihanna

If that's the case, then he won. Lol. Do you remember he built an entire edit around her not turning him down for Arena(?)

Anyway, she obviously requested him because when last have we seen him shooting a Vogue cover or VP for that matter? It was most likely her olive branch.

And he gave her poison ivy. Revenge complete. LMAO!

I see I can go back to sleep, what a snoozefest.

The cover by Goude should have been the only one imo... the one by Teller is the worst, her expression is tragic.

Interesting Alt didn't employ her favorite photographer like Sims to shoot her. I do wonder if he might have got something "more" out of her, that said, have no idea if she ever worked with him before.

Like someone said, she puts her name on EVERYTHING these days, it doesn't seem like it matters at all, as long as she gets paid!

Lové the JPG cover. It feels appropriate, festive and slightly cheesy.
Not such a fan of the two others. But they can give us great eds.

The biggest surprise here is to see that Emmanuelle didn’t styled any cover.
It’s pity because Alt + I&V as exhausted it get could have worked with RiRi.

I hope Emmanuelle styled something...

Im intrigued by Teller's cover. I kinda dig it, it's very striking. You immediately have some kind of intrinsic reaction to it. The other two leave me cold. I love me some Goude but not this again please.

I actually like Teller's one. What people call "making beautiful women ugly" is actually shooting it real: no photoshop, no light tricks, no nothing. That's the Rihanna you will meet if you would bump into her in the supermarket. I love that.

Although I like Teller's cover, I find Rihanna extremely overrated, her music a snoozefest and everything about giving her a cover pure gimmick. So... no. :rolleyes:

First one looks like some homeless editorial from Purple Magazine, 2nd one looks like Cosmopolitan, and the 3rd one looks like a mannequin head at a hat store.

LOL perfect description. These are all such non-events...I don't think there's anything else to be added.

It all looks so half-arsed.
These year-end-guest-edited issue use to be more celebratory.
Instead of doing three mediocre covers, why not do one sensational cover?These are terrible.
Jean-Paul Goude has done sooo much better. Look at his work with Grace Jones.
The I&V could be a shot from a 60s era girl group. Unremarkable.
And that Juergen Teller photo should never see the light of day.

Goude's cover needs a more dramatic eyebrow/eyeshadow, it's a very insipid close-up the way it is. I&V's cover is a mess including Rihanna's hair looking like a 2 cent wig. Teller's color scheme is quite fresh and I love the vibe but that death stare it's such a turn-off. Not impressed but excited for the shots inside.

Such a let down! I love Rihanna but all three covers are boring in my opinion, and it's such a disappointment for the December issue. :doh: To the point that I don't know if the Juergen's one is not my favourite because the least expected for VP.

Jean-Paul Goude's cover is the better one.
But overall, I'm disappointed with these covers.
I have no problems with Rihanna on the cover but they could've done better, especially it's a December issue. They need something stronger for the year-end issue.

Interesting Alt didn't employ her favorite photographer like Sims to shoot her. I do wonder if he might have got something "more" out of her, that said, have no idea if she ever worked with him before.

Like someone said, she puts her name on EVERYTHING these days, it doesn't seem like it matters at all, as long as she gets paid!

Sims shot one of her US Vogue covers, where they made her look like a young Whitney Houston. See, because her face is constantly plastered on magazine covers one tend to forget these things.

And yes, I find Rihanna's masterful hoodwinking very interesting. People are so blinded by her cool factor that they don't see she's really all about the money, much more than her peers. Luckily I got her number ages ago. I mean I suppose when you're not musically strong, you need to compensate it with something else.

i surprisingly love these, and i'm no fan at all of alt's work for VP. I'm intrigued, can't wait to see the full editorials

Out of all three I only like the I&V cover. I would have liked Teller's if it didn't look so flat, and Goude's one is just a lazy rehash of his work with Grace Jones (Slave to the Rhythm remains to be one of my favorite albums and its artwork has a special place in my heart and in history, so no thank you).

I don't know.. Teller's cover looks bad. I&V is okay. Gode's shot is not cover worthy but nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tjohn88
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->