Vogue Paris May 2010 : Penélope, Naomi, Gwyneth, Meryl, Julianne & Kate by I&V

Gosh, Lily's editorial is amazing. I captures sexy and erotic without showing too much or being too kitschy. I probably won't get this issue though. The other eds are not good enough.

^Yes, it's an ed. Can't wait to see the pics, btw.

Penélope
Photographers : Inez Van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin
Fashion Editor : Melanie Ward
Models : Penélope Cruz, Meryl Streep, Julianne Moore, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bono, Naomi Watts & Kate Winslet

Lily's ed is absolutely stunning! Vanessa by Karl is also pretty nice. I love Natasha to death, but this VP ed just didn't work for me. I think she looks great, but the shots themselves are pretty much her Gucci campaign, but not nearly as exciting and just a bit cheap-looking, IMO. I don't think it plays to her advantage.

Its just all too glossy and distanced to be kinky, imo. All of these editorials have really erotic themes, but they are too plastic too actually be sexual. They aren't dirty at all. Especially when you look at the Daria ed. and the one that inspired it. The original was grimey and had an authentic feel. This issue just doesn't.

Best comment I've read about the shot of Crystal's 'hair down there':

Her full bush makes my lady bits look like an old man's combover.

I had great enjoyment in using that word when talking about her editorial in the weight thread. Merkin! It's like something from another century, when wigs were powdered and men wore rouge... possibly the merkin area was also powdered and rouged in those days. Make-up companies are certainly missing a whole other avenue for their products, but no doubt, they'll get around to it soon enough. I think I did see someone attempting to sell dye that restores a 'youthful flush'.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose this is on topic...I found it quite amusing anyway. :rofl:

bryanboy Ugh. I can't remove that photo of Crystal Renn's bush out of my head. Damn you Vogue Paris, damn you.
Four minutes later...
bryanboy Look, we all have our perverted ways (I can be VERY perverted to the pt that it's twisted) but come on there's gotta be limits in fash mags
twitter/bryanboy

ok we have agreat lesson here : meryl's the best. she's not a model, she's just a great lady who doesn't need any surgeon or whatever to be absolutely wonderful. great great great !!!

Reading the comments from our more fashion-literate members, I realize that ignorance is indeed bliss.
I don't read a huge number fashion magazines and don't follow the men ones so when I see an ed like Lily's, it is all fresh and new to me. I can see how the members who read them all could be blase by it. Regardless, even after seeing the Men Vogue ed, it doesn't diminish the quality of the pictures to me.

I feel the criticism of Crystal's ed is a bit unfair. I thought the styling and composition were superb. I do love the colour scheme, the glossy finish and the way the roundness of her body is contrasted with the sharpness of her facial features. It's a beautiful (if too short) ed, imo.

I do agree with the members who feel Natasha wasn't the right model for this ed. She's a sexy girl but just not that kind of sexy to me. Her body is too scrawny to really be evocative of sun-drenched hedonism. I would have loved to see somebody like Edita for that ed. The tacky styling doesn't help either.

As for Daria's ed, it's just exploitative. There is none of the sexual tension and chemistry of the original pictures. All is left is the violence and the abuse.

Anyway, I've decided to upload one more clip from the DVD. This part shows how this picture was made:

14t78fn.jpg

scanned by elsaskywalker

I've selected this part because it shows her personality the most. Hope you enjoy it: :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
i must be the last french suscriber to receive my issue, but i've finally gotten it, with the six actresses on the cover. it looks even more ridiculous in real, so i went to pick up bono and penelope's cover, which looks much better imo. daria's beauty edit is phenomenal in 'real', the colors are sublime.

I really like the videos,(except that english talking guy, I can't understand what he's talking about) they show just how much work it goes in to one picture. looking only at the pictures from the spread it all looks so effortless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->