Waterstains On Leather Bag?

cinapuff

Reaction score
Hi!
A few weeks ago my boyfriend gave me a Mullberry bag (black congo leather). Yesterday it got a few drops of rain on it, and today I see marks in the leather from the water. :( Like little bumps right where the drops hit it.. This has never happened to any of my other leather bags, is this specific for the congo leather perhaps? I'm taking it back to the store where it was bought as soon as possible (2-3 weeks), but I thought maybe someone here had the same experience with their bag?

I think good quality natural leather will mark, soften and darken with age - the rain spots should fade over time

Often if a leather is of lesser quality it has a very unnatural (plastic) coating, that basically never changes, the rain would just bounce off

It depends what type of look you would like, I think natural leathers are much chic-er

I have a beautiful Marc Jacobs bag that has darkened and the leather is also a bit shinier now

I also bought a Luella 'Gisele' bag in plain leather I was worried it was too rigid to begin with but after a couple of weeks it started to soften and now it is BEAUTIFUL

Mulberry I think uses very natural and expensive leather so I'm sure you would be ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonic boom
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->