What's the WORST thing you've ever worn?

Moccassins.....and an aqua colored beret.....this was all within the past two years......I actually wish I could delete all of that.

Boy influence sucks. It never really affected my fashion (other than heel height) but one boyfriend hated me wearing makeup so I'd go around au-naturel, which I hated, as a daily cat-eyes and red-lips person.

The worst outfit (though no fault of my own) was probably when I was seven and my sister was four, and we were dressed in matching Adidas knockoff velour short-panted track suits that had "ADIDOS" emblazoned accross our chests. Yeah. I don't know why that happened, my parents had amazing taste otherwise...it was probably a gift from someone, or an emergency outfit bought while on vacation in the middle of the desert.

I've had a few questionable pre-teen phases: heavy metal rocker phase and the deconstructed clown phase to name two. But none was worse than when I wanted so desperately to be "normal" in my early twenties, and wore navy and gray and tailored stuff all the time, until I broke down crying getting dressed one day because no matter what I did I couldn't look "normal". My mom said "Stop trying to fit in and look like a banker; you're born among artists, you are an artist, so who cares if you look eccentric? It's who you are " That was the best advice ever. <3

my parents had amazing taste otherwise...it was probably a gift from someone, or an emergency outfit bought while on vacation in the middle of the desert.
It's so interesting that you mention that because it's so true, whenever I was dressed by someone other than my mom, chaos would occur. I only saw it like this when I got older though, I was scared of my mother's clothes as a kid (definitely not kid trying on dresses here)... she was always into bands and black (black boots, black leather jackets, etc) and I remember one time she thought I should experiment more with my school uniform (!!) and put me in combat boots, a Nirvana necklace and made me wear them to school... I tried to fake a cold and just go home (I was like 7 :lol:). My grandma was so worried that for a family party, she went shopping and dressed me in a cream-colored suit (the 90s ones that even had shoulder pads :rofl:) with pearls and shiny crochet and a gigantic bow. For many years that was one of my "fashion" highlights as a kid and my mom's choices were the worst... and now it's exactly the opposite.

(sorry for powerposting in this thread by the way!)

The worst thing I've ever worn..? Unfortunately, I don't think I could fit my entire high school wardrobe in this thread (and will spare you the ocular trauma). So horrible! I thought I was 8x the size I actually was so I wore horrible, horrible oversized clothing that I basically hid in. To be fair, I couldn't do anything else - they were practically pillow cases with a head hole.

I had a phase (age 13-15) when I refused to wear jeans and only wore short-sleeved shirts.. . :ninja:
It wasn't pretty.

the worst things I've ever worn were chosen for me by my mom when I was in elementary school...
ie- she once dressed me in a prairie dress with looped braids...
I looked like Laura Ingalls from little house on the prairie...
absolute NIGHTMARE!...

:ninja:

I see I've already posted my worst moment more than 10 years ago :lol:

This thread is a blast from the past ... tott :heart: and so many more ...

I see I've already posted my worst moment more than 10 years ago :lol:

This thread is a blast from the past ... tott :heart: and so many more ...
yeah-
the forum update has me sifting through old followers and updating info and it's kind of lovely to remember what tFS has been like over the years...
all the people who have come through and contributed so much...

so much to be grateful for...
all the amazing humans we have all met and interacted with from around the world...

:heart:

These hideous pink shorts that were like slightly below mid-thigh chino cut. They managed to be both really frumpy AND really uncomfortable and I never wore them of my own volition but my mother once bullied me into wearing them on a family trip when I was 16 or 17 with this ugly unflattering navy tshirt-type blouse....and she has photographs of that day/outfit too, I've never felt so much like burning a piece of clothing. It's been yearssssss but I still get a full-body gag at the thought of those shorts.

A black t-shirt from CDG that featured the artwork of some guy who can't be pulled up in Google.

Worst, because this shirt had zero breathability factor. The fabric was thick & stiff, and black...definitely the exact opposite of what you'd want in a t-shirt during the warmer months. It's been said that wearing CDG is "an exercise in pain", and that was certainly the case here.

I wish I could've kept it. It would've made for a fun, decorative throw-pillow, or a framed piece of artwork for your wall...maybe.

as of today.... a tshirt that smelt of sheep.

Sure, everyone's seen others looking baaaaad. But who doesn't make fashion mistakes? If you can remember any (or even have pictures!), post them here.

I can remember wearing, when I was 4 or so, a hot pink with green stars jersey dress. It was like a tee, skirt and shorts all mixed together. It was so gross... i even had a matching headband. I also had these black and white striped tee and shorts that I wore almost every day.

Post away!

-G.
A Carhart work jacket built tough but stiff as aluminum siding. Would take years to soften up enough to be comfortable. Horrible idea to create such a thing.

thinking about it, more or less everything I wore in the early 00s that wasn't some kind of direct 90s/grunge holdover. All the polyester tops.....at least it taught me as a teenager to always check fabric content!

One time for a middle school event I wore a silk black button down, ed hardy jeans with a huge embroidery up the side of the leg, and RED velcro Ferrari pumas. I want to kms but I remind myself that I am okay.

I remember that once, when I was in high-school (which, by the way, was full of rich and stylish kids), I wore this completely awful, or better say, trashy, pink sweater to school. I remember I spent the entire day walking closer to the walls thinking that that was how I'd be seen less, and trying to not look at anyone. Cringe.

Apple green skinny leg jeans... I was 12/13. Often worn with bold red shirt and cobalt blue thunderbolt print hoodie and bright red slip on moccasins. I blame my mother for allowing such expression of individuality (the damn hippie) :tearsofjoy:

^ I love it! Most kids that age are just trying to blend in, and I assume (unless you were going to school on a rainbow) that's not what you were doing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->