• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Why Are You Into Models?

what makes you a model fanatic?

what makes you like models so much?

for me personally, i love art, and i like beauty, as well as seeing people succeed. it's like everything i like all bundled into one. plus..it's like you can stare at uncommonly beautiful people and don't have to worry about them noticing that you're staring..haha :smile:

i like their unique beauty. i like the fact that not all models have the typical hollywood-instilled ideal beauty. and that there's a relatively large diversity of different types of beautiful faces in the industry, there's never a dull moment going through tfs' model threads!! :lol:

Beauty, art,inspiration, same as above I guess....And I prefer models over celebs.

beauty, flawlessness, legs, walking down prince street and seeing a 6 footer

Although I'm NOT a model fanatic at all I like models that look different

Because I'm a pervert :smile:

No, I think it's because I just like looking at their brand of unique.

My reasons are a bit different.. I used to write a lot of stories, mostly short stories, and based the look of the character(s) on either a model or celeb, it really helped to have actual pictures of the 'character' there. Do you know what I mean?

Plus most of them are either really beautiful and interesting to look at, simple. Gemma Ward was the first model I was ever really into! Funny, I don't really like her anymore... ^_^

I don't really remember the reason why...Probably after I fell in love with Maggie Rizer.
And as stupid as it might sound, somehow, I tend to think models are kinda surreal and different from ordinary ppl. :blush:

I find their ethereal and uncommon beauty so evocative, like a landscape or a legend - I look at a girl like Adina or Tanya and my mind just creates stories around them, or photographs, or paintings. I liken it to the appreciation of sculpture. Russell would find numbers haunting in their pulchritude, I have my Neanderthal-serpentine Swedes. I use models' faces for characters in books (my Jane Eyre was incorrectly well-proportioned and vernal), for drawings, for daydreams to Narnia, for whatever caprice my escapist proclivities would ever want them for.

What I find so strange, though, is that I am in no way at all sexually or romantically attracted to women, but rather aesthetically enamoured of them (I'm female). I'm exclusively drawn to men in the carnal capacities, but obsessed with women visually, even though I dislike most of the ones I meet. I'm in love with art's projection of women, but not the creatures themselves.

what a non-human way of looking at women. I do agree that many models are true works of art, but some I'm not so sure of.

matthaeus123 said:
what a non-human way of looking at women. I do agree that many models are true works of art, but some I'm not so sure of.

Oh, of course. Malgosia Bela is a Dali; Cecilia Mendez is a motel Elvis on black velvet.

I find models interesting because I like seeing how everyone has a different version of beauty, but no model is absolutly perfect.

Another merge ^_^ And I still stand by my original explanation...

Mr-Dale said:
I like them because they are these kind of superhumans. And superhumans have always interested me. I like Jedi and I like X-Men... pretty geeky, but it comes down to the same thing. They are something I am not.. something unreachable and something that makes me want to be them. I am a romantic in the oroginal meaning of the word, so I always like something that has nothing to do with my personal world... I am intruiged by things that seem impossible, but still stare me right in the face. That's how I fell in love with haute couture in the first place, after which my love for models followed.

Yeah, that's pretty much it I guess... I am a romantic :smile:

i like them because they are inspiring and versatile.
i love looking at their pics and imitating their makeup/look/style
but i'd never want to look typically like a certain model...

Good question, great thread. I suppose I like seeing how people do and how they succeed, or unfortunately, fail.

You can picture them as you want to, and they give clothes...personality. Seeing blank, tiny girls walking down the catwalk does nothing for me, but seeing someone like Natasha Poly strut her stuff just makes me NOTICE. They sell the clothes, they make it look good.

When I was young, back in the 80s, I played with Barbie dolls a lot (JEM's barbies were my best doll... especially Aja (blue hair) and each of them had different personnalities. In the same time, I used to look at Sears Catalog and try to found the lady I would like to be in the future between them. I was a weird kid, didn't I?

Probably I transfer all those things in Fashion world now. Now I'm looking for the clothes, make-up, hairstyle and models beauty, personnality and expressions in front of camera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abaloney01
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->