Models Vs. Celebs

ebowleg

Reaction score
Every month I look foward to my fashion magazines (Elle, Vogue, W, Bazaar) and lately I've been disappointed with the lack of models on the front cover. It's always Jennifer Lopez, Jennifer Aniston, or a young Hollywould starlet, it's not that I don't love to see them, it's just that I think we need more models modelling on the front cover as opposed to actresses...What does everyone else think?

well...there aren't a lot of GREAT models these days...

and the numbers don't lie...the mags sell way better when there is a celeb on the cover...much as i'd like to see models...it's hard to argue with the bottom line... :rolleyes: ...such a drag...

i'd much rather see a super model...i want her stunning and larger than life...i want her to be an idea...l a vision... a fantasy...

an amazon...a woman's ideal of the ideal woman...a physical manifestation of all the best parts of all of us...

where is that girl?... :unsure: :blush: ...or should i say woman...
Nadja, Linda, Christy,...they just don't make em like they used to... :innocent:

i COMPLETELY agree with softgrey :flower:

for those who profit off the sales of the magazine it certainly benefits them more to put a celeb on the cover...

and i know, i am desperately awaiting the return of the true "Supermodel"...hopefully that will come soon. :blush:

i am desperately awaiting the return of the true "Supermodel"...hopefully that will come soon.

I thought I was the only one...Glad to see I am not :flower:

I'm not waiting for the return of the Supermodel, I don't appreciate the diva-attitude and like the variety of ethincities of models today. Also i think celebrities are too 'big' at the moment for the supermodel to return. I think it is so boring always seeing actresses or singers on fashion magazines, when you know everything about someone, you lose the mystery and interest that come with models. Also celebrities generally don't look as good as models on the cover in my opinion.

I personally think that actresses are just more interesting to look at. They also come in some differant sizes (although not many these days) & I agree that a lack of ethinicity is occuring in the modeling world.

I'd much rather see models on the covers of magazines! I personally don't care about personal info about celebs, and it makes me mad how they are taking over the covers. :angry: :angry:

I don't see how there is a lack of ethinicity going around in the modelling world, to me it seems like there is more then ever before. There are models from all over the world with different backgrounds and different looks. Some are black, some are white, some are hispanic, etc..., and as the years pass it's just gonna keep getting more ethnic.

both actually depnding on the magazine though i also agree on the lack of ethinicity on both the modelling and movie industry

Originally posted by cosmocat@May 23rd, 2004 - 2:34 pm
I'm not waiting for the return of the Supermodel, I don't appreciate the diva-attitude and like the variety of ethincities of models today. Also i think celebrities are too 'big' at the moment for the supermodel to return. I think it is so boring always seeing actresses or singers on fashion magazines, when you know everything about someone, you lose the mystery and interest that come with models. Also celebrities generally don't look as good as models on the cover in my opinion.
ditto :flower:

What I meant to say, though it may not have made sense, was that I like the varity of ethincities of models not celebrities. I agree that models are now found all over the world and this represents women much better than celebrities, who although may start out looking individual, after the make up, blonde highlights etc they all tend to look the same. Sorry this is quite a big generalisation but these are the celebrities who usually end up one the cover, in my opinion. I'm glad some other people, okay 1 person agrees with me!

the truth which really hurts is that the magazines are thinking aobut sales and a face that is recognisable means that the average person who doesn't know who liya, katya,linda and daria will buy the magazine.
personally i think that the model should return to the cover but the american magazines are so frikkin commercial it is sickening only in europe is the real essence of what a cover should be all about is trully captured........ a face and the fashion. i only hope that i am not sickened to the emergency room by a IT Vogue with that horrible Mischa Barton on it. I am soo sick of her face it isn't funny. :sick: she is skinny get over it. she is not a classic beauty nor an unsual one. i don't get it. :yuk:

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@May 25th, 2004 - 4:54 am
I really don't care - I'm not buying them for the cover :wink:
Same here :smile:

Originally posted by marc jacobs addict@May 23rd, 2004 - 9:10 am
i COMPLETELY agree with softgrey :flower:

for those who profit off the sales of the magazine it certainly benefits them more to put a celeb on the cover...

and i know, i am desperately awaiting the return of the true "Supermodel"...hopefully that will come soon. :blush:
thats kinda weird actually... I would so much rather buy a magazine with a model on the cover than one with a celeb on it... :unsure:

I think models should stay on the cover. The only actress I don't mind being on the cover is Nicole Kidman. She's beautiful :flower:

Magazines used to have cover stories like "Fall's new fashion", now it's more like Jennifer Lopez' new boyfriend!

That's why the models were better...

Originally posted by ebowleg@May 23rd, 2004 - 8:41 am
Every month I look foward to my fashion magazines (Elle, Vogue, W, Bazaar) and lately I've been disappointed with the lack of models on the front cover. It's always Jennifer Lopez, Jennifer Aniston, or a young Hollywould starlet, it's not that I don't love to see them, it's just that I think we need more models modelling on the front cover as opposed to actresses...What does everyone else think?
I am totally agreee with U "ebowleg"...I am sick & tired of seeing those celebs!( Jennifer Lopez & Jennifer aniston etc..etc..)..there is nothig.fresh and cool :yuk:
I think fashion mags suposed to more models on the cover!!

MODELS! posing in clothes on a cover is a models job, not a "celebs" job...unless ofcourse the magazine is something like Star Style, of which the title indicates it being about stars...

I've been missing models on various covers for a while now, and it just bores the hell out of me to see all those actresses and celebs again and again and again.....
and it's just for the sales!!!
i like the way models "portray" what they are wearing, it leaves much more to the imagination of the reader, whereas actresses make each outfit completely their own.
i hope it's back to models really soon, i really can't stand this any longer......

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THEYotam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->