Models Vs. Celebs

i dont think we need celebs in magazin covers because we SEE THEM EVERYWHERE!!!! theyre in the tv, in movies, in all magazines, they even have their own clothing lines, perfumes, reality shows... i mean.. its ok to see celebrities in magazine covers like USweekly, or OK magazine or those kind of ones but VOGUE, W, BAZAAR.... lets leave those for real fashion...which belongs to models...

looking through that cover/editorial list posted a page back, it really makes it clear that models have gotten the chiv covers-wise. really sad.

but i also couldn't believe how ridiculously often KK was featured in editorials. i knew she was in US Vogue often, but i didn't realize it was so many times.

Really it all depends on WHO'S on the cover not THEIR career. Keep in mind their are some actresses that used to be models. But I actually like seeing celebs (healthy ones at that) on the covers of fashion magazines. IMO, I find celebs more interesting than models (well, that's MY opinion at least, you don't have to agree with me). And the fact there is a big lack of diversity in models makes the fashion industry quite boring at times, but this is coming from a minority, so maybe my opinion might sound a little bias. There's more types of beauty besides blonde hair and blue eyes and skinniness (if that is even a word). :flower:

P.S. This doesn't mean I DON'T want to see models on the covers of fashion magazines, in fact, I wish there were MORE models on them. Models=fashion, duh! But I don't mind a few celebs on the cover every now and then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whether or not we're happy with the covers, celebs continue to play a major role in the industry. Since they have a larger following in the general public than models, retailers assume that they have a bigger influence over what women want to wear/buy.

The shame is that celebs are not trained models, so the photos just don't look as stylish for the most part.

I don't think this is going to change in the US any time soon. Just look at how the designers pack the front row of their shows with famous actresses, singers, etc.

Here's a link to a piece about the role of celebs at fashion shows.

Seems like models are back... is this the start or just a fad?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aytac523
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->