women's watch ...

I have worn watches since kindergarten. Most of the watches I wear have been given to me by my father, because he's gets tired of me begging him. My favorite watches have run out of battery and I have been too lazy to go to the clock shop. When school finishes up I definitley going to get them fixed because I'm tired of wearing this boring black one all the time.

What do you guys think of all white watches?

I want a watch but can't decide on what type to get. The silver link ones seem to manly, and black might seem to harsh. But I don't know what I think of white ones yet.

Thanks!!

I don't usually wear watches but I do like men's watches on women.

Shelbyo: I don't like all white accessories in general.

i wear a sleek thin strapped black fossil watch. it's stylish and it tells the time. i'd hate to have an expensive watch because I'm prone to scratching or losing them. i'll just have to admire from afar :P

I wear a brown, leather strapped vintage army watch that used to belong to my grandpa. I'm not into watches at all but this one has sentimental value for me.

i do need a watch. it's more a necessity than a desire. and that's exactly what i like about watches. there's no other accessery serves such pure function as watches. and i associate watches with something "timeless", a classic. and it is indeed used to dealt with "time" :wink:
currently i'm wearing this seiko watch everyday, it's very similar to the cartier one. simple and classy.

Attachments

• 4983125873_97db7d2841_z.jpg
    4983125873_97db7d2841_z.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 4983015583_e5bff1016c_z.jpg
    4983015583_e5bff1016c_z.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 14
I love the Seiko, it's so classic!

I like watches that are simple and functional - to me they primarily tell time - but they still should still be beautifully designed. If I were very very wealthy I would collect unusual pieces (I saw one at Van Cleef & Arpels that made my heart melt) but since I'm not I want something classic and durable. Brands like Seiko, Timex, Casio, Victorinox Swiss Army make pretty hardy models - you just have to look out for the beautiful ones since they make some...less attractive models.

Two watches I love just for the design; I'm just unsure about spending that kind of money on them because they're not "proper" watchmakers, is that a justified concern?

The Viviana watch from Georg Jensen-
4CKqA.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

the Hermes Cape Cod Double Tour, designed by Martin Margiela -
4GZjS.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

And the one I wear on most days is from Casio.

bTSXS.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Picts: georgjensenstore.com, hermes usa, my own

As long as I like a watch's design and that it works properly, I'm not concerned if the brand is a traditional watchmaker or else.

I recently got this watch by Kenneth Jay Lane, in the style of a cuff with a maltese design.

P12253522.jpg

overstock

wow, that's lovely greengrassia!

I'm in the process of looking for a watch and at the moment love the Chanel j12, but I think maybe its a little 'chunky' for a smaller wrist... I am now thinking I should go for a more sleek 'feminine' design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->