Zac Posen to Design for Target

I apologize profusely for the picture size in my previous post. By the time I made the necessary changes to my pictures, the 10 minute period in which I could edit my post expired.

Part 2
The pink dress with the red and green stripes was very cute. I had trouble getting it on the first time, but that's because I didn't pay attention to where the arm holes were. The thin belt loops that can't even be called belt loops had already broken, so I had to make sure the sash was tied extra tight. I tried the size small.
100_0207.jpg

The ruffled blue and black dress was a great quality; very sturdy, no slippage. Unfortunately, there's a good number of hook and eye clasps and tiny buttons on the back, so there's no way anyone could get that dress on without having assistance. I tried the size 5.
100_0208.jpg

The shimmery floral brocade dress is well made as well, but the ZIPPER on the back was the bane of my existence. I don't know how I managed to get it zipped up, but I had to have the woman manning the dressing rooms to unzip it for me. Zippers ALWAYS seem to stick at the waistband. Size 5.
100_0209.jpg

The black sweater dress was nice and the fabric had a lovely golden shimmer. I wasn't fond of the way it clung to my thighs and hips though. Size small.
100_0210.jpg

The red top with the purple stripes down the side. I tried the small, but it looked like a maternity top. I might've gotten the XS, however...$50?! You must be JOKING.
100_0211.jpg

All of the pictures in my previous post and this one belong to me.

Thanks, Simple_Elegance, for the pictures. I bought several pieces. I don't know what I'll keep and what I'll take back yet. I haven't tried anything on. I'll post pictures when I do.

Can anyone help with the sizing? If I'm normally sz XS, which size am I in the numbers? I'm thinking about the ruffled dresses.

simple_elegance, thanks so much for the pictures! I love the "gladiator dress" - too bad we couldn't have swapped. My store had the small, which was too big for me, but not the xs, which probably would've been perfect. Ugh!

I'm around 5'7-5'8. Usually a size 2-4 in dresses, depending on the brand/designer.
I went back to Target today to return the red Zac top that I bought, and they had put out THIS adorable dress. The buttons in the front make it very easy to put on and take off. I considered buying it, but it's $40, and I'm holding out for the gladiator dress to be back in stock. Speaking of, do out of stock items from designer collections for Target ever come BACK in stock? I've never kept track. I reeeeeally want that gladiator dress. O_o

size small
f7abc647.jpg

picture belongs to me

As far as out of stock items coming back IN stock, I think this only applies to in-store merchandise, like if a Target just discovered they had 22 blouses in their back that they didn't push to the floor yet. I don't think Target.com will restock again, just in the case with the Cynthia Vincent shoes, but you CAN type in your zipcode after punching in your size and it will show what Target store near you has that size.

It also doesn't hurt to put out calls to all your local Targets if you're that gung-ho about a piece.

I found the snap tape dress in a store today in an xs, but wound up leaving there. It's really cute, but the hem was poorly sewn and it was still a bit big in the waist. I probably would've bought it for $50, but it just didn't seem like a $70 dress to me.

I tried on the print sailor dress, and I'm really glad I ordered the pink one! It was really cute and fit nicely.

Went to my Target today, there was a lot of stuff still there. I ended up getting the scarf that has the safety pin print on it. It's polyester, but I still like it a lot. Other than that, I don't believe I'll be buying anything unless it's super clearanced. The tuxedo jacket was cute, but not for the price~ I also was shocked by the 50 dollar price tag of that red shirt.

The stuff looks a lot better on than on the web site or on the hanger. Pretty impressed with the fabrics this time around. Loved the brocade dress but it was so overpriced for Target! Also seems like a piece you can only wear once.

I FOUND IT! I went to the Target in the next town over, and while they had the signs up, they hadn't even put out the clothes yet. My gladiator dress in size small was waiting for me in the stock room and now it's hanging safely in my closet. =DDDDDDDDD

I FOUND IT! I went to the Target in the next town over, and while they had the signs up, they hadn't even put out the clothes yet. My gladiator dress in size small was waiting for me in the stock room and now it's hanging safely in my closet. =DDDDDDDDD

And here is a picture, which belongs to me.
31213_1318849487546_1120020006_30816408_814078_n.jpg

That dress looks great on you simple_elegance.
Thanks for putting pics up :smile:

well, i found a target that sells the zac posen collenction. i only bought a black cardigan withthe mesh sleeves. when i came home i realized it has gold shimmer on it which i dont like all that much but will deal with.

i also bought the last small size tux jacket but realized it wasn't my style and returned it today.
i didn't really like the collection in person

I wore the polka dot dress today and here are the pictures I promised ...

4585482863_1012514dac_o.jpg

A back view ...

4585483011_727cfb7b44_o.jpg

pictures are my own

Oh wow, spottie! That dress look amazing on you and I love the pictures! Now I'm really anxious for mine to come; they haven't even shipped it yet. But it's so great to see how it looks on a real person! Looks like a perfect length too. Great buy and thank you for posting your photos!

spottie, i really like that dress on you. are you worried about wrinkling? that dress looks wrinkly to me at the store.

i bought both the black belt and the multi-colored belt. unfortunately i really fall between the sizes (they only come in two sizes XS-M and L-XL) you may want to consider sizing up if you buy them. theyve made it impossible to try the belt on instores thanks to its plastic tag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riska21
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->