Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung. "The magazine fuses art and architecture,
literature, urban studies and fashion in ways", states New York Times, "that
can make one forget how depressing a visit to a newsstand has become."
032c is internationally distributed to selected art bookstores, fashion
boutiques and newsstands. The magazine has been exhibited at places such
as London Design Museum, Colette (Paris), GAS (Tokyo), The Pineal Eye
(London) and the 3rd Berlin Biennial.
032c.com

I've been intrigued by certain works featured in this publication and its frequent contributors for a while now but there hasn't been much exposure to it, at least on tFS.. has anyone here ever bought it?, is it sold in the US?. :unsure:

some of the published stories..

GHOST 56/76
13th Issue "Energy Experimentation", Summer 2007

Photographed by Serge Leblon
Styled by Nancy Rohde
from big-production.com

berlin1.jpg

leblonnancy1.jpg

leblonnancy2.jpg

leblonnancy3.jpg

leblonnancy4.jpg

leblonnancy5.jpg

leblonnancy6.jpg

leblonnancy7.jpg

Photography by Paul Wetherell.
Styling by Jodie Barnes.
from jedroot.

strings1.jpg

strings2.jpg
strings3.jpg

strings4.jpg
strings5.jpg

strings6.jpg
strings7.jpg

strings8.jpg

Styling by Jodie Barnes.

from jedroot.

berlin1.jpg
berlin2.jpg

berlin3.jpg
berlin4.jpg

berlin5.jpg
berlin6.jpg

berlin7.jpg
berlin8.jpg

Styling by Jodie Barnes.
from jedroot.

bear1.jpg

bear2.jpg
bear3.jpg

bear4.jpg
bear5.jpg

bear6.jpg
bear7.jpg

bear8.jpg
bear9.jpg

Just saw where I can find it. duh. :rolleyes::ninja:

USA

Opening Ceremony, 35 Howard Street, New York
MoMA bookstore
Parsley Sage, 73 7th Ave, New York
Niko's, 462 6th Ave., New York
Coliseum Books, 11 W. 42nd Street, New York
Union Square News, 100 W. 14th Street, New York,
St. Marks Bookshop, 31 Third Avenue, New York
Global News, 22 Eighth Avenue, New York
Give & Take, 1100 Lexington Ave, New York
Garden State News, 461 Palisade Ave, Cliffside, NJ
S.M.Sabrina, 249 Dekalb Ave, Brooklyn
Empire State News, 350 5th, New York
Int'l News, 108 University Pl, New York
Village Smoke Shop, 317 6th Ave, New York
Atlantic City News, 175 Second Ave, New York
B.J. Magazines, 200 Varick St., New York
Mid Atlantic News, 83 3rd Ave, New York
Ink On A , 66 Avenue A (4th), New York
Global Ink, 2876 Broadway, New York
Newsbar, 107 University Pl, New York
Lafayette Smoke, 63 Spring St, New York
6th Ave. Tobacco, 1013 6th Avenue, New York
Around the World, 28 West 40th St, New York
East Village News, 131 2nd Ave (8th), New York
Union Square Mag., 200 Park Ave., New York
Zyn's Stationery, 345 Greenwich Ave, Greenwich
Hudson News, Penn Station, New York
Dina Magazines, 270 Park Ave., New York
Dina News, 2077 Broadway, New York
Universal News, 676 Lexington Ave, New York
Universal News, 7 West 14th St, New York
Universal News, 484 Broadway, New York
Universal Magazin, 1586 Broadway (47th), New York
Universal News, 977 8th Ave, New York
Universal News, 234 W 42nd Street, New York
Universal News, 29W 35th Street, New York
Universal News, 50 W. 23rd Street, New York

I AM YOU.
Winter F/W 05.06
Photography by William Davidson.
source: jedroot.

amyou1.jpg

amyou2.jpg

amyou3.jpg

amyou4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The cover's isn't interesting but th eds inside are amazing :flower:
Where can I get this in Asia? ^_^

There are often some lovely contents inside and I quite like the cover. Red and black and white pictures, the concept fits for me but... well, I'm a big fan of Amica's white background :wink::D
I couldn't tell where you can find it in Asia but in Paris it's quite easy, a few stores plus Colette usually have it. Outside Paris it's much harder, in France I mean :ninja:

i think their covers are great! i think the simplicity and lack of outright focus on the cover gives the magazine alot of mystery.....so it really draws you in and allows one to focus on the content which is what it's truly about and its always high-quality with 032c. funny thing is,there are alot of new german mags with this kind of approach but this one is the true original.

i also really admire their more philosophical approach....sure its got the fashion spreads but what its most known for is its writing.

mullet,have you seen anything in depth of the current issue? i saw a couple preview images but it doesn't tell one much. the most interesting bit is that they have a feature on MMMs 20th Anniversary and was really keen to see that.

Last edited by a moderator:
source | themoment.blogs.nytimes

December 5th, 2008
Now Scoring | Steven Meisel in 032c
By Victoria Camblin

meisel120408gr1.jpg

When the latest issue of the Berlin-based art and culture magazine 032c hit our desks here at T, we were ecstatic to discover that the notoriously press-shy photographer Steven Meisel had granted a rare interview request for its “Post-America” issue. Here Victoria Camblin, 032c’s assistant editor, discusses scoring a conversation with one of the most important imagemakers in fashion and why Meisel is very much still a plain old New Yorker at heart.

Steven Meisel is an epic photographer, and a profile on such an epic photographer has to be monumental, too. It has to somehow do justice to his not only massive but also massively important body of work—especially when what you are doing hasn’t really been done before, when you’re profiling someone who in the past has given so few interviews. The piece becomes historical, but how do you convey that in print? 032c’s answer to this was a 14-page fold-out section that kept the production quality high: when you hold this issue in your hands, and when you pull out this colorful, fold-out archive of two decades’ worth of Vogue Italia covers — all shot by Meisel — you experience a lush, compact moment of “Print crisis? What print crisis?” It’s a Technicolor Vogue accordion, but it also has a certain grace, which is very much in line with 032c’s changing from what T Magazine itself once called the “new ugly” and channeling that into our own kind of energetic classicism.

vogue120408ri2.jpg

There is a “Wizard of Oz” element to the Meisel interview to me; it creates this image of Meisel as a generous but still very elusive power. A photographer you have to call icons like Naomi Campbell and Linda Evangelista to get an impression of — or even a photographer whom icons like Naomi Campbell and Linda Evangelista will enthusiastically give their time to talk about. Still, when I asked Alex de Looz, 032c’s New York contributing editor, about his conversation with Meisel, he told me that as elusive as he might be, there is very much the sense that the glamorous world Meisel portrays and admires and indeed shapes is one through which New Yorkers walk every day. “I know the street where he saw Loulou de la Falaise, and I know the place he went to art school,” Alex pointed out. “Speaking to him was like talking to a fellow New Yorker: down to earth, to the point and friendly, no fuss.” The models, perhaps not so much: “They sounded like bubble gum and diamonds all rolled together, and I think it was because they love Steven so dearly. They radiated total devotion and not one ounce less.”

For more information, go to 032c.com. Issue 16, featuring the interview with Steven Meisel, is on newsstands now.

the new issue is out now. source magCulture.com
032c_16_cover.jpg

featuring the bussed-about interview with Steven Meisel + 14p foldout of Vogue Italia covers shot by Meisel.
032c_7.jpg

^looks quite pretty, kapusta. what is it, F/W 08.09 or S/S 09 already?
I'll be in NYC next weekend, really hoping to get this.. over anything else -_- .

ok, ignore my question, kapusta :doh:, just went to their website and saw it's F/W 08.09

16TH ISSUE
"Post-America", Winter 2008/2009

20kzsyf.jpg

INSIDE: "A new world is coming into being almost unnoticed." JOHN GRAY tells Hans Ulrich Obrist about the political and financial unrest in the "Post American Age;" STEVEN MEISEL reveals fashion's cruel and beautiful in a rare interview (plus a seven-page foldout madness of all his Vogue Italia covers); Wes Jones illustrates Dubai and the effects of superabundance; artist STURTEVANT tackles copy, copyright, and the ready-made; architect Jürgen Mayer H., and artists Ralf Ziervogel and RothStauffenberg form a cluster of 3-4 FANTASTIC GERMANS (with 032c's Architectural Digest visit to Mozambique's Grand Hotel gone bad); Photographers Max Farago and Alasdair McLellan bring on "THE NUDES;" and so much more on 246 pages..

D €10 EU €12 US $20

content.

2wgxjpl.jpg

from o32c.com

I really need the issue with the Steven Meisel interview...i'm definitely getting this,i saw you can get it on their website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
156sprinter
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->