10 Crosby Derek Lam S/S 13 New York

liberty33r1b

Reaction score
For spring, Derek Lam tapped Into the Gloss blogger Emily Weiss as his 10 Crosby muse; she also styled and was the model for his new look book. Inspired by “rodeo beauty queens” and Johnny Cash, Lam offered a cool approach to the good Old West. There were tapered riding pants, yokes on tops and jackets, appliqués on classic white shirts and lacing details on dresses. Lam also featured a lizard-print motif on everything from jumpsuits to skirts. Modern western can be a tricky theme, but in Lam’s hands the clothes looked fresh and approachable. This season, Lam also launched 10 Crosby bags, the best of which was the simple envelope style that came in solid brights, a color-blocked pattern and lizard-embossed leather.

10-crosby-derek-lam-01.jpg
10-crosby-derek-lam-02.jpg
10-crosby-derek-lam-03.jpg
10-crosby-derek-lam-04.jpg

wwd

"modern western can be a tricky theme" so true. How many times have there been collections with a western theme that just look either costumey or dowdy? So many.
Even though it's only a couple of images here, I'm quite impressed with this. It's absolutely wearable but at the same time infuses the theme so well that it makes the collection fun without being tacky. Love that simple suede jacket and that last collared top in white and red.

The looks are fantastic! Isabel marant could learn a thing or two...

You read the words "modern western" and almost immediately cringe and expect the worst, but a lot of the pieces here are actually quite nice. The blouses are really well executed and you can see that modern western is really just an inspiration and not a literal interpretation. These clothes are sophisticated, urban, and cool.

I especially LOVE that striped blouse in the third look :heart:

does anyone know offhand what the price points for 10 crosby typically are?
not too jaw dropping i would assume since it's a diffusion line...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->