1944-2007 Gianfranco Ferré

A Magnificent Gianfranco Ferré Gown
What is magnificent? Tom Cruise said that Katie Holmes is a magnificent woman. It's not every day a man calls a woman magnificent. I am pretty certain that I have never been called magnificent - ahem! When I think of magnificence, I think of something epic, something extraordinary, something grand. When I saw this Gianfranco Ferré gown, I thought, much like Tom Cruise thought of Katie Holmes, that this was truly magnificent.

I also understood immediately why Gianfranco Ferré has been called the architect of fashion. Franca Sozzani the editor of Italian Vogue, said that "in his mind there was a certain ideal kind of woman".

This a dress for a Helen of Troy. It is the dress that could launch a thousand ships. It is ideal beauty and it is magnificent.
The gown is made from a pleated silk with a formfitting column that is beautifully and dramatically wrapped in a grand swath of fabric that starts at the bust and continuing around the to the back of the gown ending in a lavish train.

It is a dress not for a girl but for a woman and it is for the woman who celebrates being a woman.

There is a fine layer of beaded embroidery around the top of the dress.

This is not the dress for the woman who wants to blend in but for the one who says, I am woman hear me roar! And who knows how to make an entrance!

rarevintage.blogspot.com

It took me time to appreciate Ferre...but now, i have to recognize he was such a designer. He re created and used concept of class like no one... black, white, colors, great outlines ! that is...or was ferre

Gianfranco Ferre was an innovator. He dreamed of transforming fabric into something glamorous, elegant and never before seen. This unique interpretation of the "smoking" suit manages to be sparse and dramatic. The narrowly cut jacket has a sculptural sleeve that can pull down to show a bare shoulder. The pants are a great cut: narrow through the hips and thighs and then gradually increasing into a wide leg with a cuff.

Getting dressed up was never so comfortable and so chic!

rarevintage.blogspot.com

Spiral, you do an amazing job contributing to the history of fashion threads. I, for one, appreciate your contributions! :heart:

S/S 1979

ferredonnape79.jpg

leiweb.it

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YourGalSylvia
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->