2011 CFDA Awards

^frankly,it's irksome how they consistently manage and managed this year to leave talents like tess giberson,gary graham,tom scott,maria cornejo,ohne titel etc. off their radars.

let's face it you guys,icon.....there is no substance to that term anymore anyway. it gets bandied about so frivolously these days,i don't think many even know what the real meaning is anymore. now had it been,say,patti smith,who is a true icon and truly influential,i would have bought that to the nth degree.

and don't you all think it's a little too convenient that in years before they've never had such an award but suddenly as gaga has come to prominence they want to give an icon award?

btw,what happened to the newcomer award?

the newcomer award is now the swarovski awards (for emerging talent)...

the fashion icon winners of the past are (there was no award given from 2006-2009:(
2010, iman
2005, kate moss
2004, sarah jessica parker
2003, nicole kidman
2002, c.z. guest

while i would probably not pick lady gaga, based on the past winners i can understand her impact on fashion and why she was chosen...

and the reason they don't include international designers because this is the council of fashion designers of america...
the international award is how the CFDA recognizes designers from different countries...
imo phoebe philo is the logical choice...

see,i had no idea that they had given this award before. unless it just never warranted publicity. it just seems a little silly. frankly,they should give the award to nicola formichetti instead of gaga herself because he is the one that really transposed her into this fashion figure.

i get that this is an american award though but given how redundant it's become,they need to open themselves up because there isn't a lot of option. and unless they start recognising the smaller talents and breath some new life into the CFDA,it'll continue to be the same designers over and over again. and ultimately,i don't think anybody will take it seriously. i mean it's already created a farce for itself.

frankly,they should give the award to nicola formichetti instead of gaga herself because he is the one that really transposed her into this fashion figure.

You just said it. You're absolutely right.

^frankly,it's irksome how they consistently manage and managed this year to leave talents like tess giberson,gary graham,tom scott,maria cornejo,ohne titel etc. off their radars.
I agree with that sentiment 100%.

Also you are correct that this does not bode well for Geller, which I love with all my heart. But if Evrell was not able to beat out Wang in the GQ awards...just saying. Well, at least I appreciate Lim's menswear offerings so I would not be totally taken aback if he was to win.

^it's really,atrociously hypocritical. on the one hand they're recognising him but on the other it's kind of like a slap in his face as well. i mean,he's been designing his collection for almost 5 years now. i just don't see what warrants nominations for wang and lim. in fact,i almost feel like they only nominated robert just so the CFDA can say they have substance. it feels very disingenuous. i don't see or hear men boasting about those two in any kind of volume as opposed to geller,kimmel,ervell,tim hamilton,rag & bone and even yigal azrouel has a very popular menswear line.

I'm so so pleased Mary-Kate & Ashley got a nomination & I'm not surprised.
The Row is heavenly. :heart:

The CFDA Awards is purely advertising and ego stroking business, it's almost too predictable to care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->