3.1 Phillip Lim S/S 11 New York

i love this, call me simple but i find a lot of it suuuuuuper cute

Some incredibly beautiful pieces that hadn't impressed me at first came up in the HQ views. Absolutely magnificent stuff! :heart: :heart:

another favorite collection of NYC. Love the cut and the palette very much.

i loved the blue and the perforation in this collection. but i really enjoyed how he carried over so many ideas from this collection into his menswear this season.

00120m.jpg

style.com

I think there are many cute things! Love the blue and black shorts!

I really liked it... but could not get into the shoes.

The runway set was interesting. Those objects like sections of massive architectural skirting or coving called to mind not only playing with scale and construction - the latter echoed in the jigsawed layering of the collection - but also domestic objects. Which started me thinking about Balenciaga AW10/11. A process I was able to continue.

I've found Philip Lim collections a hotchpotch in the past with the odd highlight look but generally a mess with too many themes going on and a major lack of cohesion. This was better, tighter, but I still find his work derivative and over-rated on the whole. Keep up the conceptual dialogue though even if it's borrowed. I liked what he had to say about abstraction of negative space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkim991905
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->