Vera Wang S/S 11 New York

Style Savvy

Reaction score
mkak43.jpg

screencapped by me from firstcomesfashion

the "east meets west" and "kill bill" references might've been stated too obviously. i liked a lot of the pleating and the little crystal trail for the booties.

the prints and shapes were soo not my thing but i like the sheer dresses

This is Vera Wang? Really?
This looks like a student's graduate collection. Some of these looks remind me of vintage Comme Des Garcon.

An absolutely beautiful collection. Though there are a few apparently irrelevant pieces, there are also highly covetable pieces.
I absolutely love the tops creased into folds at the neck, creating that fruit shape and also, the skirts with the fabric shaping at the hip and the floral print dresses all folded and creased - they were so gorgeous.
Thanks Vera!

She moved out of her comfort zone, but I can't say I like the direction she went to. Honestly, it feels a little too stiff for a Wang collection. I expect liberty, I expect glamour and definitely a lot more sheer :lol:

In my opinion,one of the worst collections i've seen from Vera... :unsure:
And i really didn't like the hair and makeup,it made girls look very tired and old.

I love the sheer draped dresses but not the textured ones with the baubles and all that. I do think it's a pretty solid effort from her though; I like that she played with different silhouettes even though some of the pieces look a bit out of place in the collection.

Its an ok collection I have seen much better from her. Then agian it might start to grow on me

she should stick to wedding dresses lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cerezitas
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->