6267 S/S 08 Milan

SomethingElse

Press escape to continue.
Reaction score
00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg

With Champagne and sugar-dusted fruit greeting guests, it appeared the 6267 duo had taken to heart last season's advice to elevate their production values. The clothes proved equally satisfying. Maybe they'd stacked the standing-room section with friends and fans, or perhaps everyone was just happy to be approaching the end of an at-times-grueling 12-hour day, but Roberto Rimondi and Tommaso Aquilano received more sustained applause for more looks than any designer thus far this season.

Uniting two disparate themes—fifties couture and Japanese samurai, according to the program notes—was a polish that belied the label's still-newcomer status. The fluid silk pants (worn with flowy blouses and swingy vests), floral chine sheaths, and raffia-embroidered miniskirts no doubt set hearts aflutter among the retailers in the audience. These are timely silhouettes that everyone understands, but they were done in a luxurious manner and, even better, were not easily identifiable by brand.

The show's standout piece suggests, however, that Rimondi and Aquilano have an untapped avant-garde streak: Coming, the dress looked like a sculptural, full-blown trapeze; going, it revealed itself to be a body-skimming, provocative sheath. This two-dresses-in-one trick, in more subtle form, became a recurring motif—as in, for example, a narrow frock that was solid navy in front and a painterly floral in back. Extra points for difficulty, boys. Well done.

style.com

Pretty enough. I don't actually see anything that could be classified as samurai and that [SIZE=-1]Cheongsam crosses a barrier in my opinion but nice nonetheless. I would like to see the back of the trapeze shift.
[/SIZE]

Pretty enough. I don't actually see anything that could be classified as samurai and that [SIZE=-1]Cheongsam crosses a barrier in my opinion but nice nonetheless. I would like to see the back of the trapeze shift.
[/SIZE]

I had to look up the meaning of cheongsam, Bidwell. :blush: Now I understand what you mean about crossing the inspiration barrier between the samurai of Japan and the cheongsam dress of China. Thanks for pointing that out! :flower:

So far, I've been seeing oriental theme for SS08, including this one. Thanks for the pictures SomethingElse :smile:

This is great! So wearable, I love the dark blues and the gold dresses.

Lovely, there are a lot of great shapes...kinda DVN-esque with a touch of Roland Mouret. The looser pieces are best

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenn888
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->