81st Annual Academy Awards

I don't understand why presenters/media outlets have to dress so poorly? Are they worried they will outshine the celebs? Giuliana Rancic would have looked 10x better if she had just chopped the train off that dress. She has the body to pull it off as a column dress.

They arrive early so they can be positioned to interview the stars. I still say the pics in this post should be reserved for STARS only.

Hi guys this is very exciting. God I hope we see some great dresses and I'm talking Couture baby.

This is the "possible" schedule of the show.

5:38: Hugh Jackman’s opening performance
5:45:AWARD #1 Actress in a Supporting Role
5:51: AWARD #2 Original Screenplay
5:55: AWARD #3 Adapted Screenplay
6:03: AWARD #4 Animated Feature Film
6:05: AWARD #5 Animated Short Film
6:14: AWARD #6 Art Direction
6:18: AWARD #7 Costume Design
6:20: AWARD #8 Makeup
6:30: AWARD #9 Cinematography
6:36: Sci-Tech Awards Recap
6:41: AWARD #10 Live Action Short Film
7:03: AWARD #11 Actor in a Supporting Role
7:08: AWARD #12 Documentary Feature
7:10: AWARD #13 Documentary Short Subject
7:20: AWARD #14 Visual Effects
7:22: AWARD #15 Sound Editing
7:26: AWARD #16 Sound Mixing
7:29: AWARD #17 Film Editing
7:37: Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award Presentation to Jerry Lewis
7:48: AWARD #18 Original Score
7:55: AWARD #19 Original Song
8:01: AWARD #20 Foreign Language Film
8:10 In Memoriam
8:14: AWARD #21 Directing
8:23: AWARD #22 Actress in a Leading Role
8:31: AWARD #23 Actor in a Leading Role
8:38: AWARD #24 Best Motion Picture

(I'm guessing the times are East coast time for LA).

Most stars don't know how to pull of couture properly and most of couture is just plain ugly to begin with.

Lisa Rinna's hair looks like it wouldn't move if she shook her head! At least she's not wearing leopard print again, though.

^And she has enough make-up on to sink a ship

They arrive early so they can be positioned to interview the stars. I still say the pics in this post should be reserved for STARS only.

This is the thread for the Academy Awards FASHION...I mean, even if someone is on the C-list, maybe the person still can wear an amazing gown so...yeah...But that's just my opinion. And who will judge who's a star and who's not?

Robin Roberts

Mario Lopez

celebutopia

Stars are A-list. Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Drew Barrymore. ACTORS. Tv hosts are not stars and they wear pageant clothes that you can get at outlets.
When was the last time you saw a tv host wear FASHION? They wear pageant dresses.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the thread for the Academy Awards FASHION...I mean, even if someone is on the C-list, maybe the person still can wear an amazing gown so...yeah...But that's just my opinion. And who will judge who's a star and who's not?

ITA. :flower:

Stars are A-list. Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Drew Barrymore. ACTORS. Tv hosts are not stars and they wear pageant clothes that you can get at outlets.
When was the last time you saw a tv host wear FASHION? They wear pageant dresses.

Then just not look at the other pics then...It's as simple as that...Just because someone is on the A-list doesn't mean they're going to wear an amazing dress...

what's Lisa Rinna's profession? I keep seeing her in all red carpets but doubt she's an actress or even a presenter. :blink:

she needs some extreme makeover anyway.

Why am I not surprised Miley is first? can't say I am happy about the high school musical kids being there. I think it cheapens the show. On the other hand, no one will know who they are 10 years from now, so it balances out.

Miley Cyrus actually looks good. I'm surprised. Does anyone know the designer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->