The 90s Comeback

disco54 said:
huge wide baggy jeans, i remember in 1993 people in toronto use to wear these wide leg baggy jeans (not hip hop baggy) so popular with teens, and guys would wear em with fitted t shirts so hot!!!

The stovepipe jeans by companies like Jnco etc. The very early RAVER look.

villagestreetwear_1896_1700633

bewild.com

90s has a more negative tone to me personally than the 80s... Mainly because I was a child during the 90s (I was born '87) and how many of us really have positive memories of the clothes that they wore when they were children? :lol: Not me at least. At least the beginning of the 90s was so awful, all that yuppie style :sick: I hope this is not happening...

Oh..yes. I had a pair or two:blush:

With tight shirts, and platform sneakers. The lunch box "purse" etc.

Oh dear, what was I thinking.:blink: At least it was a passing phase, and didn't last very long for me.

Ianastar said:
The stovepipe jeans by companies like Jnco etc. The very early RAVER look.

i think those pants tried to make a comeback few years ago with the octopus pants....

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone mentioned waif-thin eyebrows. I'm sorry, but I've been seeing even THINNER eyebrows over the past 5 years than I did in the 90's. I've seen WAY too many times the rediculous style of women plucking out ALL their eyebrows and penciling them in (and they'll regret it once the style is over because their eyebrows won't grow back). It's as if looking like a drag queen has become something admirable or something. Female RuPauls!

I've seen the 90's version of punk coming back, 90's-style men's jeans (baggy but tapered at the bottom) coming back, 90's haircuts (women's inverted bobs, men's mushroom cuts, manic-panic colors on bleached hair), collarless shirts or shirts with minimal collars.

The gangster extra-baggy jeans that show off boxer shorts hasn't ever went away.

Kizzume said:
Someone mentioned waif-thin eyebrows. I'm sorry, but I've been seeing even THINNER eyebrows over the past 5 years than I did in the 90's. I've seen WAY too many times the rediculous style of women plucking out ALL their eyebrows and penciling them in (and they'll regret it once the style is over because their eyebrows won't grow back). It's as if looking like a drag queen has become something admirable or something. Female RuPauls!

I've seen the 90's version of punk coming back, 90's-style men's jeans (baggy but tapered at the bottom) coming back, 90's haircuts (women's inverted bobs, men's mushroom cuts, manic-panic colors on bleached hair), collarless shirts or shirts with minimal collars.

The gangster extra-baggy jeans that show off boxer shorts hasn't ever went away.

I've been noticing more women with the bob, especially the inverted one lately.

miss6o said:
does anyone remember the plaid jackets with fur collar? it was called the "twin peaks jacket". this pic is closest to the kind of jacket i am talking about but its too narrow:

^^^

This is definetively super-coming back, but in black+red or electrc blue+red...

I used to use my dads Twin Peaks jacket..it was way to big...Also that is kinda 90's...

i definitely see the 90's making a comeback... in some of those previous pictures posted the 90's were in the clothing but sometimes very subtle.

Mood rings , smiley face motif and those necklaces with a thin black string and a little silver charm , crop tops , those hats with a fold over brim , crushed velvet , long jackets/cardigans.

WOOT! Raver style! I remember those days... I was more punk raver than anything. That was late 90's, 96-00 or so.

OK, I'll admit I've recently pulled out my small oblong Armani sunglasses from the '90s :ninja:...remember those? :P

They feel refreshing after the all the huge shades (though I like those too).

my goodness, whenever i refer to the "bad" 1990's, i always mention raver style, i was just a kid but i have a faint memory of seeing those clear plastic handbags that looked inflatable? wide jeans, and all complete with colourful dreaded hair..

Hum ... I recently wore some surfer jeans from the 90's ... people stared at me at the street and got totally mixed reviews!

fourboltmain said:
WOOT! Raver style! I remember those days... I was more punk raver than anything. That was late 90's, 96-00 or so.

Me too!!

I was like some bizarre punk, goth, raver hybrid.

I listened to techno, goth, and punk (well actually I still do, excep the techno)

I'd have like a green mohawk, tattoos, piercings, wearing combat boots, vinyal pants, studded cuffs etc. But be like at a rave club.

Oh the days of being young and silly.:lol:

miss6o said:
http://www.tiffanithiessen.com/[/URL]

i never really was aware of her but i can't help it i like the eyelet bandeau/corset top thing with the heart AND the suspenders. i would change the jeans. ugh. AND i like the pink top/dress thingey. yup.:blush:

from a fashion point of view though..this is excellent..i'd really like people to get more comfortable with higher rises and looser clothing..

i never ever would want to see fashion interpret the 90's literally though...:doh: everything was cut so awkwardly, with those two darts in the back and the front...and lots of seams..uh-uh

and the one thing i would not want to see with a high rise is a mini skirt, i think it does for some bad proportion play...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->