A Bag For Your Books - School Bag Recommendations

I am using a Bally Jump-MD.J (pic in the link) from their menswear ss2011 collection for school... it's huge and basically I can dump everything inside (e.g. on my gym days, I fill the bag with my running shoes, gym clothes/towels, a macbook pro 15" and lots of other stuff)... surprisingly it's holding pretty well and the bag sags like a Celine phantom... most importantly is the handles are long enough for me to carry it by the shoulder

if you are intending on spending a lil' more... I would recommend...
Balenciaga weekender/part-time (if you need a sling)
Chloe Marcie large
Celine luggage tote (a mini would be good)
Mulberry Alexa or PS1 (but most likely they are also on the arms of another 100 girls in school)

Anyway what's ur laptop...? If you are using a macbook air or something around that dimension, maybe you can consider getting Celine tartan cabas... I saw it at the boutique the other day and it's one of the better built cabas as it is internally lined with lambskin and the strap seems to be thicker than usual. It's retailing at SGD$1500 if I didn't remember wrongly. I am really tempted to get one for myself when I saw it...

And please please please, don't get LV neverfull, it's a waste of money and I have heard horror stories from my friends about the strap breaking... invest in something better, like speedy 40, artsy or delightful (that is if you really want an LV)... Prada nylon bags are not bad too... and YSL fabric bags...

I think that Longchamp Pilage are over-rated... there was once I nearly blurt out in laughter when a girl sitting behind me was showing off her pilage (which was a gift from her boyfriend) to her friends...

I have a friend who is using a Jimmy Choo Riki tote, interesting...

Last edited by a moderator:
^^please provide a source for that image D A N A so that it won't have to be deleted...

I agree though... that Goyard tote makes a great school bag. I use mine sort of as a briefcase and tote around my laptop, whatever book I happen to be reading at the moment and any other papers/folders I might need.

Very durable also... still looks as good as the day I received it.

I am so sorry I forgot to credit the source of the pic, it is goyardtotebags.com

I totally agree with your opinion, the quality is very high, the colors are pretty, its the only monogrammed bag that I love carrying.

DANA I like the bag you posted. The site you posted is with replicas, right? Do you know how much $ is the real thing and from where to get it? thanks :smile:

DANA I like the bag you posted. The site you posted is with replicas, right? Do you know how much $ is the real thing and from where to get it? thanks :smile:

LoveBug Goyard just had a price increase and their bags generally aren't widely available...

In the US they're sold at places like Barneys...

They just had a price increase in Paris and I think it is going into effect in the US on Feb 1st...

The totes are over $1000 I believe... they're not cheap.

I'm desperate to find a new book bag for University. I'm currently using a Fred Perry bag (the classic shoulder bag) but I keep seeing an awful lot of people with it and it's getting a little worn. Ideally I'd like a shoulder bag (one with a long stap) - any recommendations? I'm willing to stretch to £100 (£130 at the very most.)

Considering getting a Cambridge satchel but I'm not sure if that's a bit past it! My style has become a little Daks-ish lately so I'd probably be looking for something in leather and in a fairly neutral brown or black colour. The only trouble is that it probably needs to fit quite a few books and even a laptop.

cambridge satchel

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't know the prices of cambridge satchel off the top of my head, but I think it may be more than you want to spend...

Not sure how much they hold either... it would depend on the size, but the bigger sizes are more expensive.

(the quote is from celebs wearing runway looks - thread)
Gotta love Katherine in that Barbie look. Very cute. But someone tell her that carrying two handbags has never been cool.

but what if you have to carry a lot?
someone mentioned here to used two bags if one is too heavy. i think that´s a good idea...

I often use a smaller handbag for my usual "handbag" type stuff - wallet, phone, gum, lip stuff, keys etc

and then have another tote with my work stuff - laptop, any folders/books, notebooks etc I might need. That has worked well for me.

Any new sugestions for a nice school/work bag?

I could really use a new one for my laptop and work-papers, but haven 't come across anyone that I like.

I'm thinking cross body and fairly simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoutshonor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->