A Magazine #3 by Haider Ackermann

haoshcn said:
Thanks a lot! :flower: BTW, do you have contact information of that FFI-affiliated bookshop in Antwerp?
^_^ Yessir:

COPYRIGHT Art and Architecture Bookshop
Nationalestraat 28a
2000 Antwerpen
Tel. : +32 3 232 94 16
Fax : +32 9 233 31 73
email : [email protected]

:flower:

ok...waiting for your review droogist...:flower:...

wow, this magazine is the sh*t... i love those "style tribe" features... and i'm loving haider ackerman right now... too bad i (perhaps) wont be able to get it...

So I got through it, and my impression is: remember that kid from high school art class who would spend all his time making gothy angst-ridden charcoal drawings, that on the one hand were pretty clichéed, but on the other were still ok to look at, because the kid could draw? Haider was totally that kid. And this is his zine... ^_^

Imo it's definitely flawed; there is a glut of imagery without much accompanying commentary, which gets pretty tedious, and most of the essays are on the weak side. Nevertheless it's obviously very intimate and sincere, and in that respect, compelling. I guess that's the great strength of A magazine; all of its issues (with one exception - I'm looking at you, V&R :innocent: ) have been so personal. It's rare to get such unmediated insight into the designer's thought process, and the Haider magazine is interesting on this level. I guess it just doen't appeal as strongly to my personal taste as some of the others have. :neutral:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the feedback Droogist... I think to be properly engaged with the A Magazines there must be a bit of an interest in the designer in question in the first place. I am not sure I'll buy this one....although the Yohji and the MMM one were good (special credits to the MMM one actually - I have so much more respect for the house and for Margiela since I read that magazine).

there is new one..
A_MAG_4_COVER300h.jpg

AFTER MARTIN MARGIELA, YOHJI YAMAMOTO
AND HAIDER ACKERMANN HERE COMES JUN TAKAHASHI –
THE DESIGNER BEHIND UNDERCOVER.

THIS TIME WE HAVE DECIDED TO INVITE A DESIGNER WHOSE UNIQUE VISION IS LEADING FASHION OUT OF THE BEATEN TRACKS.

HE IS SAID TO BE LIVING IN HIS OWN WORLD, FINDING BEAUTY IN WEIRDNESS AND WEIRDNESS IN BEAUTY.
HE DESCRIBES HIS OWN WORK AS AN APPEAL TO THINK ABOUT THE FACT THAT THINGS LOOK DIFFERENT DEPENDING ON THE WAY WE LOOK AT THEM.

SO LET THIS ISSUE OF A MAGAZINE
BE A MULTITUDE OF WAYS TO LOOK
AT MR. JUN TAKAHASHI’S WORK: UNDERCOVER.
from www.modenatie.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Byron Boy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->