Yohji's A MAGAZINE issue

Scott said:
Yes,but it's really worth it,Faust. Its not a rubbish publication you'll keep just collecting dust...it's really a treasure to have.

I know, I know. I'm trying to think if I know someone who is coming/going to Europe soon...

Well,I hope I will be there for FW. If I am,I could get you a copy.

Scott said:
Well,I hope I will be there for FW. If I am,I could get you a copy.

It'd be much appreciated. I might be in Europe in May (Berlin and/or Prague), but it looks like I can only get it from Mode Natie, is that correct? Although I'm so tempted to just go back and hang out in Antwerp...

Well the mag comes from Copyright if you order from the site..the beautiful bookshop attached to the ModeNatie. If you do go to Berlin,I think Van Ravenstein or Apartment might carry it as well.

But I might be able to pick it up at Colette..they normally carry it. I was actually thinking about getting another one for a friend of mine as her b-day is coming up and her hero is Yohji.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott said:
Well the mag comes from Copyright if you order from the site..the beautiful bookshop attached to the ModeNatie. If you do go to Berlin,I think Van Ravenstein or Apartment might carry it as well.

But I might be able to pick it up at Colette..they normally carry it. I was actually thinking about getting another one for a friend of mine as her b-day is coming up and her hero is Yohji.

Cool, thanks for the info! (wipes drool :D )

Looks like a great issue, I'll have to pick it up.

you're all welcome

and thank you faust

A MAGAZINE # 2

A Magazine is the six monthly journal published by the Flanders Fashion Institute of Antwerp. The second
edition, which comes out in January, will be curated by Yohji Yamamoto and was realized with the contribution
of the Fondazione Pitti Immagine Discovery.
A Magazine will be a catalogue of the exhibits that Florence and Paris will be dedicating to the Japanese
designer in 2005: Correspondences at the Galleria d’Arte Moderna of Palazzo Pitti (Florence, 12 January – 6
March 2005) and Juste des vêtements at the Musée de la Mode et du Textile (Paris, 13 April – 28 August 2005).

Texts by: Jean-Marc Adolphe, Laurence Benaïm, Gil Blank, Francesco Bonami, Susannah Frankel, Maria Luisa Frisa,
Jérôme Garcin, Joseph Giovanni, Marine Landrot, Cornelia Lauf, Penny Martin, Suzy Menkes, Hans Ulrich Obrist, Fabrice
Paineau, Olivier Saillard, James Sherwood, Irène Silvagni and Fumi Yamamoto.

Photographers: Hélène Binet, Richard Bush, Nick Knight, Rinko Kawauchi, Peter Lindbergh, Craig McDean, Gen
Murakoshi, Kirsten Owen, Ezra Petronio, Benoit Peverelli, Philippe Quaisse, Paolo Roversi, Ferdinando Scianna, David
Sims, Tony Thorimbert, Max Vadukul, Maarten Van den Abeele, Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin, Donata
Wenders, Wim Wenders and Yelena Yemchuk.

how can it not be available in ny somewhere?...
are you sure faust?...not at news cafe or hudson news even?...
i think you can pretty much get everything here...no?...

Is list of retailers that stock this, the shop that I got the first issue hasn't got, or hasn't recieved the second issue yet :(

if you cannot find this locally -i had trouble recently with the MMM issue- A MAGAZINE is absolutely worth the subscribtion.

Yes, I found the MMM mag by accident a few months ago, if I can't find this, I will HAVE TO subscribe!! :D

Btw, is it bi-annually published?

Yes its bi-annually.

Also,if you have difficulties obtaining it through the web site you can also order through: http://www.modeinfo.de

Don't know how I forgot to mention that as well because its where I got my MMM copy.

Its very hard getting it just about anywhere else. The distribution isn't quite prosperous just yet as they've got their own publisher's now in Antwerp with the new title. A-Z because it was published by Artimo,had better distribution. But that,of course,went really,really sour in '03.

Last edited by a moderator:
softgrey said:
how can it not be available in ny somewhere?...
are you sure faust?...not at news cafe or hudson news even?...
i think you can pretty much get everything here...no?...

I don't think so. At least I haven't seen it. But if you come across it, let me know!

Thanks runner! The photos are so gorgeous, I'm saving all of them!!

New Yorkers, this issue will be available in the St. Marks bookshop in couple of weeks. Get in line :woot: .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->