Accessories Of The Future

Discussion in 'More Accessories' started by Craig, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Craig

Craig New Member

Here's a quick sketch of future girl in her YSL Hoverlux car, with plush leather interior, capable of gliding in and out of city traffic ( very Jetsons - I'm a big fan ). She's got her handbag too, based on a Palm tree frond.

That's The Fashion Spot on her monitor of course! :wink:

2. strawberry daiquiri

strawberry daiquiri seagreen serenades

Now there's something to look forward to.

3. metal-on-metal

Ruben Toledo did an entire series of futuristic accessories for Paper Magazine a few years ago. I recall a Louis Vuitton scooter, a Gucci talking codpiece (!), a Burberry car, and other funny goodies. This really reminds me of that.

4. passione

passione New Member

very nice concept Craig

5. Craig

Craig New Member

Hi

Yeah, I think I'll try and find those Toledo sketches, they sound great.

I'm also interested in the new materials that are going to be developed too, I reckon in the future we'll be able to artificially grow the most amazing soft leather in fantastic colours!

That goes for all fabrics and some wonderful stretchy hard-wearing new ones too. Tights so thin, that you won't even know you're wearing them, but they'll keep out the winter cold.

Scarves that contain elements that change temperature. Maybe all clothes will have a built in temperature control, that adjusts itself according to the climate and your personal body temperature. And in the summer they have materials that always stay fresh and smell nice. A big rose dress actually smells of fresh roses all day!

Maybe a whole host of clothes with fantastic moving pictures moving across the fabric. Imagine like a film taking place on your Tshirt. I can see lots of bold animations and statements flickering across Tshirts and down the side of jeans! You could download whatever anims you wanted from mini computers built into your clothes. What fun clothing animators could have :P

It's fun thinking about it all, even if some of it doesn't materialize :wink:

6. Incroyable

Incroyable New Member

It reminds me of the Courreges car.

7. highheels

highheels New Member

Craig your sketches are amazing. You have a great way of making things come to life.

8. paprika_hiccup

paprika_hiccup Reanimated

Craig, i always love your sketches, but this is especially right up my alley. My BF is in a graduate program at Tisch that does some work with wearables. I came up with the title for their "fashion show" this year- "LEDs are the new black". :P One girl who does some silver-smithing made a few very cool silver USB drive pendants. I want one so bad! I do hand/machine knitwear and the BF and I are working on some techie fashion projects right now. I'll post when/if they materialize :flower: Keep posting your sketches, too, I really enjoy seeing your work--

MIT has already done a TV t-shirt. So cool- I cut and pasted it from nature because you need to be registered--

9. Craig

Craig New Member

Paprika, that was great reading, that new LED and optical fibre technology is just what I was envisaging...it's cool to see it being actually implemented into clothes. I look forward to the day when they can run those movies and animations. the future looks dazzling :shock:

Imagine the pile of clothes in the corner of your bedroom, you'd have to turn them all off at night!

Thanks for posting that! :wink:

10. Hed_Kandi

Hed_Kandi New Member

Mett George Jetson. His boy Elroy. His daughter Judy. Jane, his wife........

:innocent: