Achieving Award Show/Red Carpet Looks

^Jomarluska that's called a highlighter :flower: It goes after foundation and blush on the high points of your face like on top of your cheeks, on the brow bones and sometimes (though I find it a bit much) on the bridge of the nose.

:flower::flower::flower:ohhh my melfreya if I could send you a bouquet of flowers I would! thank you very much ! much karma to youuuu! I'll check the highlighters you mentioned next week!!!

^:kiss::heart: I understand your excitement because before I found out about highlighter I was really curious too about what makeup artists used on celebrities to make them glow like that. I never had that ''glow'' using foundations alone, even those who claimed to be light catching or something, so I knew it must be something else..and there was! The ultimate celebrity makeup product!^_^

I can thoroughly recommend Jemma Kidd Dewy Radiance in either colour. It's a cream formula, so they sit really pretty on the skin

^:kiss::heart: I understand your excitement because before I found out about highlighter I was really curious too about what makeup artists used on celebrities to make them glow like that. I never had that ''glow'' using foundations alone, even those who claimed to be light catching or something, so I knew it must be something else..and there was! The ultimate celebrity makeup product!^_^

sooo...I just ordered the Dolce Gabbana Illuminator in Eva...it's a powder as I prefer that to a liquid one...this week I'll go to the Mac store to have them help me apply blush correctly and to find a brush that I can use for both: the blush and the illuminator...:flower:

happy for you jomarlushka!^_^ Please post of a review of the illuminator when you receive it! I haven't tried D&G cosmetics yet and I'm curious to hear what they're like!

So:
I have 2 higlighters:

-Dolce Gabbana Illuminator
-Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector

they are both very different - the D&G is like a powder - you need a brush to apply it and it is not as sparkly as the Becca one. Also: it has a slightly powdery look that makes your skin look rather matté..

the Becca highlighter on the other hand is how I expect a highlighter to be...shiny, and 'illuminating' your skin - in a rather natural way if applied mixed with a bit of foundation and if used in very small dosage and more 'flashy' if applied when wanting to shine while going out!

I find the Becca highlighter my favourite although I do use the D&G on a regular basis during the day as a cheekbone/eye-to-cheekbone-contrast-blush ...it's like wearing a natural skin type blusher that is making the difference when using a foundation that matches your skin tone exactly and therefor highlighting your bone structure...

AMANDA SEYFRIED'S MAKEUP

The actress vamped it up at the London premiere of Red Riding Hood, wearing a Clé de Peau makeup look by Mary Greenwell.
Four Easy Steps
1: Prime skin with Luminizing Enhancer Base before topping with the lightest shade of Cream Foundation.
2: Line the top lid with dark black Intensifying Cream Eyeliner #101 and coat lashes with lots of black mascara.
3: Dust cheeks with light pink blush.
4: Paint lips with Extra Rich Lipstick in deep orange-red R2.(people.com)

Attachments

• amanda-seyfried-435.jpg
    amanda-seyfried-435.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 7
Michelle Williams @ MET Ball 2011

Michelle Williams had her makeup done by celebrity makeup artist Jeanine Lobell, and she said, “The gold birds on Michelle’s dress really inspired us to go for a golden look… We wanted something chic, but a little edgy to offset the black of the dress. We felt a modern ‘golden smoky eye’ would be cool and fresh, but not washed out.”
Makeup How-to

I started by applying with my fingers, CHANEL Vitalumière Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15 in Beige-Pastel very lightly all over the face and under the eyes; then I set it with the CHANEL Natural Finish Pressed Powder in Clair – Translucent 1.
For her eyes, I used the CHANEL Quadra Eyeshadow in Mystic Eyes applying the palest shade all over they eye area to act as a base so I was able to smoothly blend the other shades into it. I then applied the softer of the brown shades in the crease of the eye, wrapping it as a smoky liner under the eye. Then I added the darker brown shade in the upper lash line. I used CHANEL Long-Lasting Eyeliner in Espresso inside the eye and as a sharper line on the top eyelash line. Lastly, I used CHANEL Inimitable Intense Mascara in Noir on the top and bottom lashes.
I used the CHANEL Precision Brow Definer in Soft Brown in the brows, above the brow to the outside of the brow, to create an arch and filling in below and on the inside.
I used CHANEL Powder Blush in Tempting Beige, as it works great as a contouring cheek color. I used it under the cheek bone, fanning it up over apples of cheeks. For her lips, I used CHANEL Rouge Coco Shine Hydrating Sheer Lipshine in Canotier for a pale, beige-gold light wash on the lips to keep everything soft and balanced. (temptalia.com)

Attachments

• metgala_michellewilliams.jpg
    metgala_michellewilliams.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 6
The gorgeous makeup look that Pati Dubroff, Clarins Celebrity Beauty Artist created for Kirsten Dunst last night at the 2011 MET Gala.

Pati was inspired by Kirsten’s beautiful Chanel dress with sparkling sequins and mineral stones sewn into the bodice. She wanted these natural gems to be reflected in her makeup.
Skin: First the skin was prepped with Instant Smooth Line Correcting Concentrate to fill in any imperfections and help hold foundation. Next, she used a light amount of Skin Illusion Foundation to even the skin without creating a mask. For the blush, she generously applied Blush Prodige in Miami Pink from the apples of the cheeks swept up toward the hairline for a healthy, romantic feel.
Eyes: Playing with the Clarins NeoPastels Eye Palette, Pati created a gorgeous, jeweled eye for Kirsten. She sculpted the bones of her eye with the dusty rose colour, and on the center of the lids used the taupey opal. Finally, she washed the whole eye with the bluish lavender shade – just like an opal stone! One minimal coat of Wonder Perfect Mascara was all that was needed to finish the eyes.

Lips: A soft, violet rose completed the look with Rouge Prodige in Lilac Pink. (talkingmakeup)

Attachments

• dunst_gala.jpg
    dunst_gala.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited by a moderator:
BLAKE LIVELY / CELEBRITY MAKEUP ARTIST VIVIAN BAKER
Inspiration:
“Venus inspired, a sexy and naked look.”
How-To:
Vivian first used CHANEL Sublimage Essential Revitalizing Concentrate to prepare Blake’s skin. Next, she lightly swiped CHANEL Vitalumière Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15 in Beige-Désert across her face and added Guerlain Terracotta Concealer 02.
On the apples of her cheeks, Vivian used Stila Petunia Blush and lightly brushed CHANEL Moisturizing Bronzing Powder in Terre Ambre over her nose, forehead and jawline. She then layered Becca Mermaid Shimmering Eyeshadow and the gold shade from the CHANEL Quadra Eyeshadow in Spices on the eye and finished with CHANEL Inimitable Intense Mascara in Noir. The look was completed with CHANEL Rouge Allure Gloss in Genie and CHANEL Glossimer in Pensée.
Products used:
CHANEL Sublimage Essential Revitalizing Concentrate, $425.00
CHANEL Vitalumière Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15 in Beige-Désert, $45.00
CHANEL Moisturizing Bronzing Powder in Terre Ambre, $50.00
CHANEL Quadra Eyeshadow in Spices, $57.00
CHANEL Inimitable Intense Mascara in Noir, $30.00
CHANEL Rouge Allure Gloss in Genie, $32.00
CHANEL Glossimer in Pensée, $28.50 (talkingmakeup)

Attachments

• blake_gala.jpg
    blake_gala.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 8
Emmy awards makeup (information and photos from temptalia)

Kelly Osbourne as she arrives at the 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards on September 18th, 2011.
Makeup Breakdown

To compliment the Jay Mendel dress in Aubergine, we decided to go for a more graphic eye, paying tribute to Sofia Loren. The brows are groomed up with clear brow set and perfected with M•A•C Eye Brows pencil in Lingering. The eyelids were softly swept with Vex Eye Shadow. Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Permaplum is smudged along the lash line and placed in the crease in a distinct V shape. Shadowy Lady Eye Shadow is pressed into the crease and blended out softly. Blacktrack Fluidline is used to create a sharp luner above and one below. Tons of Zoomlash Black Mascara and of course a #1 Lash to pump up the liner. The cheeks are contoured with Mineralize Blush in Dainty and the lips- a new Sheen Supreme Lipstick called Fashion City. Of course Blot Powder Pressed is making a guest appearance in the heat! — MAC Senior Artist John Stapleton

Gwyneth Paltrow @ 63rd Emmy Awards – Makeup & Dress Photos

Gwyneth Paltrow as she arrives at the 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards on September 18th, 2011.
Makeup Breakdown

Makeup artist Kate Lee prepped Gwyneth’s skin with CHANEL Beauté Initiale Eye Gel and Le Blanc de Chanel Sheer Illuminating Base, followed by CHANEL Perfection Lumière Long-Wear Flawless Fluid Makeup SPF 10 and Kanebo Sensai Brush Concealer. Focusing on the eyes, she lined the eyes with CHANEL Le Crayon Kohl Intense Eye Pencil in Noir. She curled the lashes and covered the entire lid with CHANEL Illusion d’Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow in Emerveille, letting a little go into the inner corners of the lower lid. Then, she used CHANEL Illusion d’Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow in Fantasme to add a bright shimmering highlight to the center of the lid. She added a soft line of black Shiseido Liquid Eyeliner at the base of the lashes to make them appear fuller, and finished the eyes with a generous amount of CHANEL Inimitable Intense Mascara in Noir on the top and bottom lashes. The brows were perfected with CHANEL Crayon Sourcils Sculpting Eyebrow Pencil in Blond Clair and Anastasia Brow Gel. Kate highlighted the cheekbones with By Terry Rose de Rose Sheer Liquid Blush in Coral Rose and accented the apples with Kevin Aucoin The Creamy Moist Glow Blush in Euphoria. To finish the look, Gwyneth’s lips were defined with Kevin Aucoin The Flesh Tone Lip Pencil in Medium and Kiehl’s Lip Balm.

Attachments

• 63emmys_gwynethpaltrow001.jpg
    63emmys_gwynethpaltrow001.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 63emmys_kellyosbourne001.jpg
    63emmys_kellyosbourne001.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 6
photos and info from temptalia.

Christina Hendricks as she arrives at the 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards on September 18th, 2011.
Makeup Breakdown

Makeup artist Vanessa Scali used Dior Beauty products to create an “effortless and chic” look for Christina Hendricks. “This look is all about champagne-nude eyes, pink milk maid cheeks and a siren mouth,” said Scali.
To prep Hendrick’s skin, Scali used Dior Capture Totale One Essential Skin Boosting Serum. “This serum disappears into the skin, leaving it feeling
fresh and smooth, ” she said. She used Diorskin Forever in Ivory #010 for foundation, DiorBlush in Strawberry Sorbet #943 on cheeks, Rouge Dior Lipcolor in Blazing Red #638 on lips, and Dior 1 Couleur Eyeshadow in Nude Luminescence #516, Diorshow Liner Waterproof in Carbon #098, Diorshow Mascara in Black on eyes.

Julia Stiles as she arrives at the 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards on September 18th, 2011.
Makeup Breakdown

Brett Freedman created Stiles’ red carpet look.
Julia has such a great face. This is the first time I worked with her. She’s a doll. Loved her classic mermaid dress in soft pewter. To give the look a touch of edge I opted to give her a smokey eye with plum and gunmetal accents to pair with her downplayed mouth. Bold nails added crispness and a modern twist. I actually did Julia’s hair, too. I Bing’d her looks and decided she was ready for a uber-glam moment. Vintage Hollywood, Veronica Lake waves were in order. Here’s the rundown on her make-up look:

Attachments

• 63emmys_christinahendricks001.jpg
    63emmys_christinahendricks001.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 63emmys_juliastiles001.jpg
    63emmys_juliastiles001.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 4
makeup worn for the golden globes 2012...temptalia.com

69th Annual Golden Globe Awards: Zooey Deschanel

A look at Zooey Deschanel as she walked the red carpet at the 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards held at the Beverly Hilton hotel in Beverly Hills, California on January 15th, 2012.
Her makeup was by Jorjee Douglass for Rimmel London. “Zooey is one of my favorite clients because she loves to have fun with her makeup, hair and fashion,” says Jorjee. “We brought out the big guns tonight for a stunning red carpet look unlike any other … I was inspired by Emma Peel from the 1960’s British TV show The Avengers,” says Jorjee. “
Makeup Breakdown

“I wanted Zooey’s beautiful skin to glow so I started with Rimmel London’s Fix & Perfect Pro Primer which is a must-do step to hydrate and mattify the skin.”
Next, Jorjee used Rimmel London Match Perfection Foundation in Ivory for smooth coverage that will last. She then used Rimmel London Match Perfection Concealer in Light and Fair under the eyes and to cover any imperfections.
“I kept the mod inspiration on the eyes, creating a cat eye shape. I used Rimmel London’s Glam’Eyes Professional Liquid Liner on the top of the lid and a feathered line on the bottom. I topped the liner with RimmelLondon Glam’Eyes HD Quad Eyeshadow in Black Cab and English Rose for a soft smokey eye. Then I loaded up her lashes with Rimmel London Lash Accelerator Mascara to make her long lashes even longer.”
“I played up Zooey’s amazing eyes so I wanted to keep the rest of her look neutral, highlighting her cheeks and adding a touch of color to her lips,” says Jorjee. She used Rimmel London Lasting Finish Blendable Blush & Highlighter in Autumn Blush on her cheeks and Rimmel London Lasting Finish Intense Wear Lipstick in Nude Pink on her lips.

____

A look at Nicole Kidman as she walked the red carpet at the 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards held at the Beverly Hilton hotel in Beverly Hills, California on January 15th, 2012. Her makeup was done by makeup artist Angela Levin for Chanel. The inspiration for this makeup look was Nicole’s dress. Angela said, “I focused on the amazing color and details on her dress, to create this fresh, elegant look.”
Makeup Breakdown

To start the process, Angela primed Nicole’s face with CHANEL Sublimage Essential Revitalizing Concentrate and CHANEL Hydra Beauty Hydration Protection Radiance Serum. To even out the skin tone, she applied a thin layer of Senna Barely Base in Light, and then a layer of CHANEL Vitalumiere Moisture-Rich Radiance Fluid Makeup SPF 15 in Ivoire. To play up Nicole’s eyes Angela used the taupe shade in the CHANEL Quadra Eyeshadow in Lilium all over the lids, followed by the deep green shade to define the upper lash line. She lined under the lower lash line with Face Eyeshadow in Steel, and then the lashes were finished with CHANEL Inimitable Mascara in Noir. To complete the look Angela used CHANEL Powder Blush in In Love on the cheeks and Laura Mercer Secret Brightening Powder on the cheek and brow bones. Lastly, she used CHANEL Rouge Coco Hydrating Crème Lip Colour in Superstition to achieve a neutral-lip look.

Attachments

• goldenglobes_zooeydeschanel001.jpg
    goldenglobes_zooeydeschanel001.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 5
  • goldenglobes_nicolekidman001.jpg
    goldenglobes_nicolekidman001.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 6
more beauty breakdowns from temptalia.

A look at Michelle Williams as she walked the red carpet at the 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards held at the Beverly Hilton hotel in Beverly Hills, California on January 15th, 2012. Her makeup was done by makeup artist Angela Levin for Chanel. Angela created this classic beauty look on Michelle Williams, stating “my inspiration was a gorgeous Golden Globe winner!”
Makeup Breakdown

Angela started the makeup application with cleaning the skin with CHANEL Lotion Douceur Gentle Hydrating Toner using a sponge instead of cotton. She then applied a thin layer of CHANEL Ultra Correction Lift Intensive Lifting Concentrate on her face, Angels Makeup Collagen Treatment under her eyes, and placed CHANEL Sublimage La Creme Texture Supreme on her cheeks and neck.
For this red carpet makeup look Angela applied CHANEL Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15 in Beige-Pastel on the face and eye lids, as a base. On the eyes, she used the grey shadow shades from the CHANEL Quadra Eyeshadow in Smoky Eyes to create a light smoky effect on the upper lid, then adding CHANEL Long-Lasting Eyeliner in Black Shimmer to the top lash. Angela then defined the brows with CHANEL Sculpting Eyebrow Pencil in Blond Clair and added two coats of CHANEL Inimitable Mascara in Noir on the top and bottom lashes. On Michelle’s cheeks she applied CHANEL Powder Blush in Rose Ecrin that gave a perfect flush, and completed the look with CHANEL Rouge Coco Hydrating Crème Lip Colour in Perle.

___
A look at Jessica Biel as she walked the red carpet at the 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards held at the Beverly Hilton hotel in Beverly Hills, California on January 15th, 2012. Her makeup was done by makeup artist Kara Yoshimoto Bua for Chanel. Kara’s inspiration for the look was Jessica’s coloring and her white gown. “I wanted to keep it simple and bright in the corals and neutral tones,” said Bua.
Makeup Breakdown

“I started Jessica’s look by applying CHANEL Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15 in Beige-Sable to her face, setting it with CHANEL Natural Finished Pressed Powder in Natural, and adding CHANEL Powder Blush in In Love to the cheeks for a healthy glow. I wanted to focus on popping the eyes with brown and taupe shades…I defined the eyes with the deep warm brown and taupe colors from the CHANEL Quadra Eyeshadow in Prelude, and applied the shimmery gold/champagne shades as highlights on the lid. I then added CHANEL Inimitable Intense Mascara in Noir on the top lashes and CHANEL Inimitable Intense Mascara in Brun on lower lashes for a more natural effect. And finished the look with the fresh looking Rouge Coco Hydrating Crème Lip Colour in Paradis. Healthy beautiful skin and warm corals on the cheeks and lips keeps the look so fresh!”

Attachments

• goldenglobes_jessicabiel001.jpg
    goldenglobes_jessicabiel001.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 6
  • goldenglobes_michellewilliams001.jpg
    goldenglobes_michellewilliams001.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 5
011612_gg_emma_137126956120115202230120116074652.jpg

Chanel celebrity makeup artist Rachel Goodwin crafted the makeup worn by Revlon Global Brand Ambassador Emma Stone for the 2012 Golden Globes. This was no ordinary smokey eye. Rachel skipped classic shades like black and gray in favor of pewter and gunmetal for a more modern take on the classic eye makeup look. Shop the products worn by Emma!

Face:

REVLON PhotoReady Perfecting Primer, REVLON PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse Makeup in Nude, CHANEL Powder Blush in Orchid Rose.

Eyes:

CHANEL Intense Eye Pencil in Noir, REVLON ColorStay 16H Eyeshadow Quad in Precocious, CHANEL Inimitable Intense Mascara in Noir.

Lips:

REVLON ColorBurst Lip Butter in Lollipop.

http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2012/01/16/golden-globes-awards-emma-stone-makeup-beauty/

The make-up counterpart of sorts to the fashion posted in the Star Style forum. If you know anything more about who created the looks, makeup artists they often work with or what products they use please share!

I'll start with Sofia Coppola. She's more known for her personal style but her make-up is always flawless whether minimal and fresh faced to dramatic with smokey eyes. Just like her fashion looks her makeup reflects her mood rather than the fickle whims of make-up trends. Her lip color looks kissable rather than chalky matte, her brows natural and at times even sparse rather than obviously drawn in, cheeks naturally flushed (no obvious contouring) and her skin always looks beautifully real.

I especially love the skillful application of dramatic eye designs on her hooded eyes. She doesn't have a perfect face but her understanding and knowledge of what suits her features and her makeup choices are. Sofia has worked with high fashion make-up legends like Laura Mercier and friends Dick Page and Diane Kendal on set. As far as red carpet appearances I know she's worked with Sandrine Cano Bok andTamah Krinsky.

Anyone know which artist worked with SC for this event? Or what products to use to approximate this look?

Liya Kebede and Sofia Coppola attend Glamour's 2017 Women of The Year Awards at Kings Theatre on November 13, 2017 in Brooklyn, New York

6ZqP31Sh.jpg

Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images North America

Under-eye concealer that matches her face. And that syrupy, apricot lipcolor is incredible on her.
Resembles a lighter version of Revlon Spiced Brandy.
9y6VAzvh.jpg

celebmafia.com

REVLON Super Lustrous lipstick in Spiced Brandy
A7QW4aIh.jpg

MakeUpAlley.com

Those killer cheekbones:wub:
xFNEC3th.jpg

indiewire.com | shutterstock

Dug through my endless links saved on my desktop and found this.

Make-up artist Katie Mellinger has done SC's makeup for a bunch of recent red carpet appearances.
However, she only links up the brands used rather then providing specific product or shade names:

Shiseido, IT Cosmetics, Marc Jacobs Beauty, evolueskincare, Bioderma, Tata Harper & Rituel de Fille.

Lucky to be busy with this woman lately!
❤️ Sofia Coppola for the @glamourmag Women Of The Year Awards
hair @ayumi_yamamoto.hair / makeup @ktmell / tap for beauty credits / #sofiacoppola #glamour #woty #glamourwoty #katiemellingermakeup

H4gbWFOh.jpg

IG/ktmell

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimble
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->