Adam Lippes Resort 2016

marcBarna

Reaction score
By Bobbi Queen
When Adam Lippes says something or someplace has inspired a collection, there’s no need to ask “How?” And for resort, Cuba’s influence was strikingly evident as the designer channeled his first trip to Havana in the Eighties as well as present-day influences from the island’s neighbor just to the north, Miami. The takeaway was a beautifully translated collection, his largest ever.

Starting with Cuba’s basic men’s shirt — the guayabera — Lippes added intricate fagoting, embroidery and frayed-edge fringes to create easy tunics and dresses in black or white basket weave viscose. He went more fluid with long, layered side-tied dresses, the best of which was done in sheer silk chiffon over a separate version in satin-backed crepe, both in a charming print of animals from the Cuban rain forest. Comfort is Lippes’ guiding creative conceit and for evening he paired flats with relaxed pieces — a little Castro-green cashmere and cotton tank with matching pleated leather pants or a draped silk skirt. To ward off any chill, he added a knockout waxed cotton trenchcoat.

This was a collection that could easily be cited as all over the place. After all, there was also a beige camel hair jacket and coat, elaborately hand-crocheted sweaters with seven different stitches, a long cotton caftan and red leather overalls. But Lippes’ ladies like to mix it up — and for resort he left nothing out.

wwd.com

I really enjoy this collection. He’s getting better and better.

Love this collection,most pieces are very wearable,simple yet chic.I think it's first time for me to love a complete collection by Adam Lippes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julovw
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->