Adam S/S 10 New York

it's the eyes, ilaughead, it's the eyes :P. I'm tryint to see 'Balmain elements' (if such thing exists apart from blatant shoulder pads and tacky embellishment) and keep failing.. I think the proportions here have a more dignified aura.. more natural.. not skank-ish at all, actually. I could go as far as saying that this is good :lol:, the amount of satin/silk as in most NYC shows is obviously unnecessary and taints all concept in mind but I think the looseness, palette, it's all conveying summer quite well.

Well, not the most recent couple of collections, but to me this looks a lot like spring '08, (or at least the styling reminds me of it) which I actually remember liking back when it was shown. Most of it's the whole 'aura' more than the clothes though. I'll post some links rather than pictures so this doesn't turn into the outfit look-a-like thread. :lol:
ADAM look. Balmain look.
ADAM look. Balmain look.
ADAM look. Balmain look.
ADAM look. Balmain look. (This one is actually fall '07 actually. My memory seems to be as bad as ever.)

But do you see what I mean?

Last edited by a moderator:
But do you see what I mean?

i do see what you mean now that you've posted pictures. i, like so many others, immediately associate the new balmain with big shoulders and microminis.

i loved the boho feel of this collection and tbh it reminded me of that great trussardi menswear collection we saw in paris. also, i love the carefree spirit with which mr. lippes imbues these clothes.

00340m.jpg

style.com

i do see what you mean now that you've posted pictures. i, like so many others, immediately associate the new balmain with big shoulders and microminis.

Yeah, I do usually think that first, too. On the one hand, it shows how fast we move on fashion-wise, but on the other, whether we like Decarnin or not, it's amazing how fast he's been able to brand his house with an aesthetic in the short time he's been there. :shock:

what an interesting backdrop to the collection. like giant baskets, placemats or straw hats :-)

Yeah, I do usually think that first, too. On the one hand, it shows how fast we move on fashion-wise, but on the other, whether we like Decarnin or not, it's amazing how fast he's been able to brand his house with an aesthetic in the short time he's been there. :shock:

not only that but make it such a success that it sells out AND influences almost every single fashion house around. that's why it's so important for him to move forward and quickly.

also, decarnin doesn't have the sort of "joy" about fashion that a house like adam does....

the looks are so light and airy and perfect for s/s!
nothing groundbreaking here but i like it

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->