adidas by Stella McCartney

absolutely lovely! the colours are so good & I love the bow on the back of the top...

paprika_hiccup said:
Stella designed a shoe with Adidas in 2002- I think they were worn in her first show. I have a pair and think they're cool- I'll post a pic when I find it one my comp. Stella is a vegan and does not use leather, so her shoes are made of a crappy felt-like material. They seem like they would fall apart in the rain. Maybe the material quality has been addressed since 02 - -

i would love to see a pic paprika...do post if you can find it!...
thx... :flower:

I don't know about it blowing Y-3 out of the water! But it is very nice. I am reccomending it for my sister to buy. It still has a that awful stella mcartney look but it's done right! Her style looks good for once!

see I have a soft sport for that stella mccartney aesthetic so to speak, so I'm quite fond of the colors. And if stella isn't a good designer, at least she's good at picking a good supporting design team.

Meg said:
see I have a soft sport for that stella mccartney aesthetic so to speak, so I'm quite fond of the colors. And if stella isn't a good designer, at least she's good at picking a good supporting design team.

well that's true enough meg...after all..she's the one who picked phoebe philo to work with her at chloe...and we all know what a good choice that was.... :wink:
she does seem to have an eye for talent... :P

softgrey said:
i would love to see a pic paprika...do post if you can find it!...
thx... :flower:
Found the picB)

The silver is kind of like chain-mail--

Last edited by a moderator:
not bad actually...was that 2002?...yohji's first collaboration with adidas was 2001...
i never knew about the stella collaboration...or if i did...i forgot about it...
they aren't all that different from yohji's...the colours are very stella...

thanks for the pic paprika...they're pretty cool... B)
you don't wear them much?...they seem like they'd be really comfy... :flower:

Happened to be out for a coffee tonight and passed by the Oxford St. Adidas store and saw this in the windows. Apparently it came out this past Friday. anyway it looks GREAT in the window. They were closed so no chance to go in but I saw it hanging in the store and it looks just like the designs and pictures. i'm going to go down there tomorrow morning and will report back what it's like in person and how it's selling. Can't wait!!! I'm really excited!

i like some of it...but a lot of the design details like the hanging straps seem arbitrary--an unneccessary use of fabric for something supposed to be so functional. I guess i would like to see more intergration and innovation--i guess i'm not especially fond of her stuff...i know what she's getting at but i'm not too impressed.. Is issey miyake involved in sportswear? If he isn't he would be perfect....

Last edited by a moderator:
i kind of like this...
run03.jpg

yeah.. what I like about it, is that it keeps her style which fits perfectly in a sport line.. great job!!
high fashion is too much for her.. this is your future stel!

Golden butterfly I'm pretty sure those shoes were £90 in store. I felt like a little tfs researcher checking things out in store today! hehe I tried on heaps checking for fit and the whatnot and must say I was pleasantly surprised!! I came VERY close to purchasing the sort of oversized off the shoulder sweatshirt which was quite nice in structure and SO soft and a lot of the stuff was actually quite flattering especially as I have a curvy body shape and am used to things not fitting quite right.

As far as selling, the stuff seemed to be decently stocked but the SA I talked to said he had been running around all morning and that all their stock was now out on the floor but that if I couldn't find my size, more would be coming in the next week. So it seems to be selling decently. As far as price points, it wasn't overly expensive. About what you'd expect from adidas in general. Anyway, if I end up having a bit of extra cash I might splurge and get that sweatshirt type thing. Like i said, it was quite nice

thx for the report meg ...looking forward to seein gthis in person...i guess they'll have it at the adidas store...

Softgrey,

They have it in the window display uptown at Bloomingdale's (Lexington and 59th). I assume they have the entire collection in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->