adidas by Stella McCartney

Hanne

Storm & Sommer
Reaction score
If there exists a thread about this allready I appologize (in case it exists plz delete !)
..I did do a search but came up with nothing.

anyways here goes..

September 8 2004, adidas and Stella McCartney announced a long-term partnership. The first collection, a functional sport performance range for women will be avaiable in stores across the US, Europe and Japan starting spring/summer 2005.

Link : http://www.press.adidas.com/stellamccartney/splash.htm

I think there might be a thread around here somewhere but I'm too lazy to search. Anyway, I'm actually quite excited to see this in person. The site doesn't have any actual pictures up but if you go into the overview section there are basic outlines of what the stuff with look like. There are no runners that I can see, only some slides. The clothing actually looks quite cool but who knows what it will look like in person. Some of the gym tops look like they could be quite sleek, but once again, we'll see what they look like when they are in stores.

thanks! you know i actually saw a few things i liked......:wink:

Meg said:
I think there might be a thread around here somewhere but I'm too lazy to search. Anyway, I'm actually quite excited to see this in person. The site doesn't have any actual pictures up but if you go into the overview section there are basic outlines of what the stuff with look like. There are no runners that I can see, only some slides. The clothing actually looks quite cool but who knows what it will look like in person. Some of the gym tops look like they could be quite sleek, but once again, we'll see what they look like when they are in stores.
Meg :P you're right you are too lazy..because there are pictures under "running"
"gym/workout" etc..you just have to *click* the arrows < >

Oh god I wish I could scan and post pictures from the adidas/Stella lookbook because the stuff is absolutely beautiful. There are a couple pictures of the clothes here: www.adidas.com/stellamccartney

It's all really nice and looks to be well made. The shoes are kinda crappy though, not very interesting or unique styles. But the clothes are definitely a winner.

Why does everybody say there are hardly any pictures ??
Pictures of the clothes :
http://www.press.adidas.com/stellamccartney/run01.htm
*click* the < > to the left of the picture and you'll get 13 more pics of run-wear
http://www.press.adidas.com/stellamccartney/gym01.htm
*click* the < > to the left of the picture and you'll get 8 more pics of gym-workout wear
http://www.press.adidas.com/stellamccartney/swim01.htm
*click* the < > to the left of the picture and you'll get 9 more pics of swim- wear
http://www.press.adidas.com/stellamccartney/cover01.htm
*click* the < > to the left of the picture and you'll get 8 more pics of coverup wear
:flower:

wow pretty good! I really like some of them stuff, the tops and hoodies could work well with jeans, and the bathing suits are intresting. Actually some of it reminds me of VPL. The shoes are boring though.

The swimwear is great! But the shoes are so boring :(
I (surprisingly) enjoy the pink.

Thanks for the pictures Hanne

Spacemiu said:
wow pretty good! I really like some of them stuff, the tops and hoodies could work well with jeans, and the bathing suits are intresting. Actually some of it reminds me of VPL. The shoes are boring though.
Agreed- I love the tanks and even the capris. They look very Balenciaga to me. The shoes, though- - very early 90s Nike with the bright colors fading into each other:ninja:

Stella designed a shoe with Adidas in 2002- I think they were worn in her first show. I have a pair and think they're cool- I'll post a pic when I find it one my comp. Stella is a vegan and does not use leather, so her shoes are made of a crappy felt-like material. They seem like they would fall apart in the rain. Maybe the material quality has been addressed since 02 - -

Hum .. its good stuff ... and I agree its has some Balenciage flair to it ...not bad at all!

metal-on-metal said:
Oh god I wish I could scan and post pictures from the adidas/Stella lookbook because the stuff is absolutely beautiful. There are a couple pictures of the clothes here: www.adidas.com/stellamccartney

It's all really nice and looks to be well made. The shoes are kinda crappy though, not very interesting or unique styles. But the clothes are definitely a winner.

crap!!i agree!! :o :shock:
i think stella has officially found her calling...this stuff is incredible...blows Y3 right out of the water...i want so many thingsl...wowee!!!

whhere's it going to sell?...or did someone say and i missed it?... :unsure: :flower:

oh...i just read that adidas and stella appointed a 'team' to work onthe designs...

hmmm....

softgrey said:
oh...i just read that adidas and stella appointed a 'team' to work onthe designs...

hmmm....
Ahhh...so that's why it looks good.:innocent:

well...
it still looks great and i'd love to get my hands on some of it...regardless...

see Hanne, I wasn't the only one who couldn't find the pictures! Anyway, thanks for linking dear! Now that I seem in the pictures there are quite a few things that I liked. I agree with paprika that it does have a bit of a balenciaga feel to it. Those swimsuits are quite nice, as are a lot of the coverups. Regardless of the design team, i agree with softie that this blows Y-3 out of the water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->