adidas by Stella McCartney

TheSoCalledPrep said:
i like all of it... from the first part and the "sequel"... but i really dont know how functional it could be, for me at least. i work out 3-4 hours a day, hard...i need tight simple tanks and little shorts. i change clothes 2 and 3 times a day because of sweat :innocent:

I agree, not that I'm in the habit of wearing womens sportswear, but I wouldn't want to try any kind of real excercise in these clothes... (the people who have all the gear are always the ones who do nancy cr*p anyway)

=)

TheSoCalledPrep said:
Like, I couldn't run 7 mph with a bow around me.

ea_1_b.JPG

(from ebay)

Haha I actually find that rather cute:innocent:

I don't think most people buy the line to do sports in. It's a step up from boring casual for most people imo. Or maybe it's just me coz here alot of people buy those horrible 2 tone adidas tracksuits and jackets for everyday wear. It just looks wrong.

new collection will have tennis pieces...from wwd:

The Adidas by Stella McCartney sport universe is expanding fast, and tennis is next on the agenda.

"There is not a great-looking, high-performance spin on tennis and it's about time women look stylish on the court," said McCartney, who last week held her spring runway show in Paris and has also been developing a line for H&M that will hit next month.

Tennis is part of the new spring collection for the cobranded line, which bowed at retail in February and has continued to sell above plan at virtually all its retail locations. Similar to the products for fitness, running and swim, the tennis looks blend performance-driven technology and fashion, with items such as a layered dress, pleated skirts, cropped jackets, tank tops and fitted polo shirts. Many have Adidas' proprietary Climalite technology, as well as mesh and Lycra materials to keep wearers cool and dry. The color palette is similar to past seasons with hues such as dusty rose, gray and white and many items have special touches like a neon zipper pull or cutout back. There is also a selection of tennis accessories such as a white tennis racquet bag, terry cloth wristbands, a visor and footwear.

The tennis looks carry suggested retail prices ranging from about $70 for tennis shorts to $200 for the bag, and the company is looking to sell the line in tennis shops as well as its existing distribution of specialty chains and high-end department stores.

Other offerings for spring include a running singlet, woven pants for the gym and one-piece swimsuits with open backs, as well as a wider selection of footwear and accessories, and new colors like bright yellow and hot pink.

Although the line has expanded into Europe and Asia, distribution remains tight: It's only sold in about 450 stores worldwide and 100 doors in the U.S., including Bloomingdale's and the Adidas performance flagship in Manhattan. The initial spring collection was virtually sold out and fall is off to a strong start. Top-performing items include a padded jacket selling for $325 and a trail fleece for $300, a company spokeswoman said. Adidas executives don't release sales information, but sources said the collection is projected to do $15 million in wholesale volume in its first year.

"Orders are increasing and we get new requests every day from retailers that want to carry the line," McCartney said. "We are filling a gap in the marketplace."

101305_19.jpg
101305_20.jpg
101305_21.jpg

What I love is that she has incorporated kind of a dusty-pink color into her collection, making workout wear a little more feminine and girly. :heart:

But I stick to my previous post. Sometimes when I'm working up a sweat, the last thing I want to do is be careful about what I'm wearing...

The Australian Open ladies tennis has been sporting some of Stella's Adidas fashion and I must say itlooked very cute. somethign different to the usual tennis wear. i must point out though that the pics don't do it justice at all....i saw ths match coz i went that day and i thought it was adorable....
here's an arcticle from fashionweekdaily.com

Stella's Match Point
McCartney does tennis...Plus: the new Russian cutie you need to know

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

Maria Kirilenko in Adidas by Stella McCartney
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
(MELBOURNE)
Tennis and fashion have a new poster girl for “cheeky” athletic femininity! Stella McCartney and Adidas announced the new face of their collaboration Sunday, with stunning Russian newcomer Maria Kirilenko billed as the first top athlete to compete in adidas by Stella McCartney. Currently ranked as No. 25 on the World Tennis Association tour, Moscow-born Maria will be playing in apparel and footwear from adidas by Stella McCartney at all upcoming tournaments starting with the Australian Open, where she already won her first match in her new outfit. Maria, who turns 19 this month, is a tall, icy blonde with high-fashion looks—a natural match for Stella.
According to Maria, "For me it is extremely important to wear products that combine performance and style. With the new adidas by Stella McCartney tennis line I feel like I have everything any female tennis player always dreams about: great-looking products that actually perform. I'm really excited about this new partnership with Adidas.”
Adding tennis to the collection was an easy fit for Stella: "When I think of summer sports, I immediately think about tennis, as one of the highlight sports of the season. A tennis line is something I always wanted to tackle and I am really excited to introduce this new range that combines performance and style with an element of cheeky femininity. Working with Maria has been so interesting from a design point of view, we were able to eliminate items one felt less confident in and concentrate on items that enhanced her performance. I loved that one of the best players in the world plays better when she feels and looks great."
The tennis line is completely integrated in the color palette of the spring/summer 2006 adidas collection by Stella McCartney. Strong shades of reds (pop, calypso, husky pink), yellows (flash, electricity) and a new green (macaw) alongside the traditional tennis whites and toned-down pastels like orchid and the collection’s signature color, dusty rose, will keep the tennis star looking the part with an air of grown-up chic.
For those who don’t have a tennis ranking or Adidas contract, the new adidas by Stella McCartney tennis range will be available March 17th at in-the-know boutiques.

and another pic from theage.com.au
kirilenko_gallery__260x400.jpg

javascript:openRMAWithDetails(327413,1,214,300)

you know, i think mccartney does bring athletic wear to another level. or to a much needed prettier level at least. i haven't seen the firt collection, but this...it's good. i like many pieces. these could also be mixed into someone's everyday looks. it'd be cool to wear a high-tech tank or whatever of hers with a wool cardi...

this is a huge success...
in many ways...

i really like everything i have seen...
some of it is very funtional and there are also pieces that are great for just running errands, etc...
the quality is great and the prices are too!!...

that tennis dress is adorable....:heart:...

i love the tiered tennis dress as well.

Hats off to Stella and her amazing team on this project. I remember her early collections and never thought anything good of them but with this she has found her mark. The accessibility in price also means that one can actually use them rather than just pose. Brava!

skiwear, yay!!!

http://www.fashionunited.co.uk/

Stella McCartney launches skiwear
Those who like to be fashionable on the slopes will be pleased that Stella McCartney launched her new line of Adidas by Stella McCartney skiwear earlier this month. Aspen was host to the debut of her signature feminine silhouettes mixed with Adidas' technology and sportswear knowledge.
Ice-skaters wearing the new looks spun and twirled around a small ice-skating rink as reporters huddled in the cold outside the Elk Mountain Lodge in the remote Castle Creek Valley to view McCartney's first run into skiwear.
"I've been desperate to get some chic-looking skiwear," McCartney said to WWD, who skis and snowboards. "I think it's been missing. I've gone to buy ski clothes, and I've found it really difficult to find something I wanted to wear. Everything was always badly cut, and the fit was appalling. I don't want to look like a man when I'm skiing. Something about it was always quite wrong to me."
McCartney's solution to that is ski pants and jackets in muted shades of rosewood, dark bone, dark chocolate and dusty rose. Key pieces from the line include a soft-shell jacket, a full-piece ski jumpsuit and a padded ski coat with a removable fleece vest, all featuring details such as pockets for MP3 players, cell phones, goggles and money, as well as ski-pass and lipstick holders.
McCartney also designed her version of the moon boot as another signature item. This two-in-one shoe has a booty inside the water-repellent shell that may be removed and worn by itself for après-ski footwear.

I just discovered that Nordstom is selling adidas by Stella McCartney online, and although their selection is slim, it is the only access I have to this line, since I am living in rural Alabama while in college. I especially like the tennis skirt and coordinating tops, and although I usually play in shorts and plain white t-shirts, I think a little Stella would benefit my game (haha). Most of the pieces I have seen seem like they would be just as functional as everyday sports apparel, but a few details have stood out as completely inappropriate for heavy-duty athletics. I am definitely interesed to see her ski apparel.

Published: Thursday, March 23, 2006
Stella Hits the Slopes
By Sari Anne Tuschman
ASPEN, Colo. — Stella McCartney presented her new fall line of Adidas by Stella McCartney here Monday, merging her signature feminine silhouettes and attention to detail with Adidas' technology.

Ice-skaters wearing the new looks spun and twirled around a small ice-skating rink as reporters huddled outside the Elk Mountain Lodge in the remote Castle Creek Valley to view McCartney's first foray into skiwear. Huskies pulled a sled with a young woman in it across the snow, skiers and snowboarders flew down a man-made hill and women walked and jogged in the snow. They all wore chic yet functional winter styles that epitomize the collaboration between Adidas and McCartney.

"I've been desperate to get some chic-looking skiwear," said McCartney, who skis and snowboards. "I think it's been missing. I've gone to buy ski clothes, and I've found it really difficult to find something I wanted to wear. Everything was always badly cut, and the fit was appalling. I don't want to look like a man when I'm skiing. Something about it was always quite wrong to me."

McCartney's solution to that is ski pants and jackets in muted shades of rosewood, dark bone, dark chocolate and dusty rose. Key pieces from the line include a soft-shell jacket, a full-piece ski jumpsuit and a padded ski coat with a removable fleece vest, all featuring details such as pockets for MP3 players, cell phones, goggles and money, as well as ski-pass and lipstick holders.

McCartney also pointed to her version of the moon boot as another signature item. This two-in-one shoe has a booty inside the water-repellent shell that may be removed and worn by itself for après-ski footwear.

The designer said she chose Aspen for the launch because it "encapsulates the whole winter sports thing. I think of it as a very chic place ... a romantic place."

Skiwear has become more feminine and fashionable, and design houses such as Emilio Pucci and Paul Smith have gotten into the category.

In addition to the new ski looks, the collection also features more styles for the gym, running and tennis. The prices for the fall collection range from about $55 to $800, and it carries more higher-priced items than in the past. Globally, Adidas by Stella McCartney is in about 450 doors, with an estimated 100 of those in the U.S., including Nordstrom and Adidas sport performance stores.

"You see a lot of collaborations in the industry between brands and designers, but I don't think they have the same vision Stella had for what we wanted to do," Bill Sweeney, head of Adidas global apparel, said in a fireside chat after the presentation of the line. "And certainly, I don't think they had the same commitment in terms of a long-term partnership. This is a serious commitment that takes us right though 2010."

Sweeney was referring to the company's contract extension with McCartney announced this week. The collection had first-year sales of about $15 million, industry experts said.

Sweeney said he anticipated that sales of this year's fall line would double compared with last year.

"It's really not about hitting the numbers," he said. "We could probably sell 50 or 60 percent more in 2006 if we really wanted to, but at this point it's more a case of keeping it in the right place, keeping it under control and keeping it well managed. This was never about making as much money as we can. It was about brand image and creating something different."

The Aspen event also introduced 19-year-old Russian tennis player Maria Kirilenko as the face of the line. She was dressed in head-to-toe Stella McCartney and said she gives McCartney and the design team input on some of the styles and cuts, telling them what she feels most comfortable in when playing.

Published: Thursday, March 23, 2006
Stella Hits the Slopes
By Sari Anne Tuschman
ASPEN, Colo. — Stella McCartney presented her new fall line of Adidas by Stella McCartney here Monday, merging her signature feminine silhouettes and attention to detail with Adidas' technology.

Ice-skaters wearing the new looks spun and twirled around a small ice-skating rink as reporters huddled outside the Elk Mountain Lodge in the remote Castle Creek Valley to view McCartney's first foray into skiwear. Huskies pulled a sled with a young woman in it across the snow, skiers and snowboarders flew down a man-made hill and women walked and jogged in the snow. They all wore chic yet functional winter styles that epitomize the collaboration between Adidas and McCartney.

"I've been desperate to get some chic-looking skiwear," said McCartney, who skis and snowboards. "I think it's been missing. I've gone to buy ski clothes, and I've found it really difficult to find something I wanted to wear. Everything was always badly cut, and the fit was appalling. I don't want to look like a man when I'm skiing. Something about it was always quite wrong to me."

McCartney also pointed to her version of the moon boot as another signature item. This two-in-one shoe has a booty inside the water-repellent shell that may be removed and worn by itself for après-ski footwear.

The designer said she chose Aspen for the launch because it "encapsulates the whole winter sports thing. I think of it as a very chic place ... a romantic place."

Skiwear has become more feminine and fashionable, and design houses such as Emilio Pucci and Paul Smith have gotten into the category.

In addition to the new ski looks, the collection also features more styles for the gym, running and tennis. The prices for the fall collection range from about $55 to $800, and it carries more higher-priced items than in the past. Globally, Adidas by Stella McCartney is in about 450 doors, with an estimated 100 of those in the U.S., including Nordstrom and Adidas sport performance stores.

"You see a lot of collaborations in the industry between brands and designers, but I don't think they have the same vision Stella had for what we wanted to do," Bill Sweeney, head of Adidas global apparel, said in a fireside chat after the presentation of the line. "And certainly, I don't think they had the same commitment in terms of a long-term partnership. This is a serious commitment that takes us right though 2010."

Sweeney was referring to the company's contract extension with McCartney announced this week. The collection had first-year sales of about $15 million, industry experts said.

Sweeney said he anticipated that sales of this year's fall line would double compared with last year.

"It's really not about hitting the numbers," he said. "We could probably sell 50 or 60 percent more in 2006 if we really wanted to, but at this point it's more a case of keeping it in the right place, keeping it under control and keeping it well managed. This was never about making as much money as we can. It was about brand image and creating something different."

The Aspen event also introduced 19-year-old Russian tennis player Maria Kirilenko as the face of the line. She was dressed in head-to-toe Stella McCartney and said she gives McCartney and the design team input on some of the styles and cuts, telling them what she feels most comfortable in when playing.

her stuff is so damn cute. makes me want to learn to play tennis

so i want to buy this running "singlet" but i'm not sure if there are shorts built in? anyone know?
pADIDAS1-2512535_pattern_w345a.jpg

if there ARE shorts in there, this looks incredibly comfortable to run in, especially in the hot weather.

(edit: my pic doesnt seem to be showing up, but there is only one stella "singlet" i could be referring to)

Last edited by a moderator:
photo from wwd.
I LOVE this ski jacket!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->