Adidas - urbanwear trend F/W 07.08

Kimkhuu

Reaction score
I've been noticing a lot of hip kids over here and a bit everywhere are wearing track jackets from Adidas especially (Nike as well) and the trend is growing really quickly into the "bourgeois" scene among people used to wearing more "designer" stuff...

I myself love the Adidas track jackets are they are very versatile, look great and are well designed....

What do you think of this "urbanwear-ADIDAS" trend as sportchic is crawling is way back on the runway as well?

:flower:

Y-3 F/W 07.08
style.com

00520m.jpg
00420m.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Stella McCartney for Adidas
sweatybetty.com, mocoloco.com

Stella-Tennis.jpg

stella_mccartney_adidas_2.jpg

Adidas Original Men's Apparel
press.adidas.com, shopadidas.ca

ResourceImage.aspx

catalogimageservlet

This is an ongoing trend with streetkids everywhere I think..It's been around for years and is a fashionstatement among it's group

imo Adidas and Puma have the best designs when it comes to their sportswear.. their clothing is what looks best on the streets compared to other sportsbrands.. Their logos are also really good which helps when making clothes..

^ Totally agree with you, just that it has been really mainstream for a while and the fashion "elite" was snobbing this trend for such a long time, until it is now being seen here and there in fashion circles...

Adidas track jackets are very stylish in my opinion. The more classic, the better, the best Adidas line is its Originals one. Nothing gets more classic and clean than a deep blue track with white stripes on arms and logo.

:heart:

I agree with you kimkhuu, I absolutely love the classic Adidas jackets with the white stripes. I own 2 (one the dark blue with white stripes, second-hand shops are full of this jacket in my town) and I wear them so often, they are really versatile and I like to wear them with lots of thinks. Considering that I usually hate to wear tracksuits, it shows that the original Adidas jackets are a classic.

The Royal Tenenbaums, anybody...?

royal-tenenbaums-9.jpg

http://thecia.com.au

I love these jackets...I want one in red. I looked a while ago on the website and couldn't find the classic in red though. Navy and royal are also good for these jackets imo.

haha

I don't see this ever going out of style.. it's so simple which I love

Just a question, what do you all wear these track jackets with? :flower:

i'd wear those with 'boyfriend' jeans or with roomy / combat trousers/bermudas

they could also look interesting worn with items they dont 'traditionally' fit with like knee long print skirts or urban style skirts

I think it's rather difficult to wear them in a new and fresh way.

track jacket + baggy jeans = everyone in the supermarket
track jacket + skinny jeans + hightop snearkers = ghetto fab
track jacket + prom dress = lily allen
track jacket + cutoff denim shorts + ballet flats = emo wh*re

I bet people here wear theirs a lot better, so if there is any pictures...:flower:

I love wearing these with a simple T-shirt, jeans, and high-heels.. it's so relaxed but still you don't look too relaxed

I like wearing them with t-shirt dresses (specially black) and opaque tights.

I like wearing them with t-shirt dresses (specially black) and opaque tights.

that souds like someting I could wear.:flower:

I have one red fitted Carhartt track jacket and one baby blue mens Le Coq Sportif tarck jacket. I haven't worn either of them in ages.

I love nike windbreakers atm .. seems as its so wet here atm they seem like the perfect solution i just wear myn on quick trips or too walk dog etc with skinnys mainly .. but id love some other ideas :flower:

I wear relaxed or loose fit jeans. And I always have my track jacket zipped all the way at the top. If you let your T-Shirt show, it looks like you just threw it on to run some errands (just my opinion).

tf.jpg

tf3.jpg

They are both Y-3....that still counts as Adidas right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LolaC888
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->