Adriana Lima for Maybelline

LilyBird

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the commerical for Maybelline with Adriana Lima in it? At the end she says, "Maybe she's born with it", but she isn't saying it! They totally dubbed (used another girl's voice) her heavily Brazilian accented voice. I find this really weird, has anyone else noticed this?

fa7e1074.jpg

They do that to all there models probably because people might find her hard to understand.

though she really looked good in the ads!especially the one with the chains

In most cases, the will dub the models voices. Especially if the model has an accent. They did the same thing with Fernanda Tavares. I was watching her commercial and her voice was dubbed.

how about the one with Erin Wasson? was that her voice? Elise C's voice was the only i've ever heard...

They also dubbed Laetitia Casta in a L'Oreal spot a while back.

Originally posted by xlakai@Feb 8th, 2004 - 4:39 pm
how about the one with Erin Wasson? was that her voice? Elise C's voice was the only i've ever heard...
I don't think they dubbed erin, but I'm not sure
I do know that most of the voices are dubbed, which always strikes me as a bit strange
Adriana looks beautiful in the ads :flower:

Adriana's gorgeous! She looks just like one of those dolls I have :blush:

I've only seen the print ads because I don't live in the US but I don't think she looks very good in them. :( Beautiful girl though. :flower:
I hate it when they dub model's voices! I adore :heart: hearing accents come through - like Carmen's J'adore ads! :blush: - but I guess they just have to please the masses.

Originally posted by Salope@Feb 8 2004, 07:39 PM
They also dubbed Laetitia Casta in a L'Oreal spot a while back.
[snapback]158358[/snapback]​

I wondered about her voice too. Sounded weird.

I liked seeing her without all that goop on her eyes... don't get me wrong, I love black eyeliner, and the smokey looks (think Victoria's Secret), but she's such a sweet-looking girl without it.

But of course Maybelline dubbed her voice.. it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to Maybelline wearers to hear an accent like that, it's not their target audience.

There's another commercial where it's actually her voice. Strong accent. Anyone else seen that one?

I have.

by the way, there's an overwhelming abuse of the :heart: emoticon on this thread.

Originally posted by MulletProof@Nov 2 2004, 02:53 PM
I have.

by the way, there's an overwhelming abuse of the :heart: emoticon on this thread.
[snapback]415291[/snapback]​
I think it's quite appropriate. :heart: :heart: Adriana :heart: :heart: :lol:

Originally posted by AlexN@Nov 2 2004, 12:59 PM
I think it's quite appropriate.
[snapback]415304[/snapback]​
oh please :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

I cannot help using :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: when speaking of her. I cannot understand how some of you can. Talking about her accent, has anybody seen The follow? (she's stunning as usual :heart: and great in it). Back on the subject, they always use somebody else's voice in beauty ads. Except for Andy Mc Dowell

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->