Airplus Ball-of-foot

NO! NO! NO! I just purchased a pack of these yesterday from a local drugstore, and they're crap! They're made out of some jelly rubber stuff, and when u put them into u'r shoes/boots, they make no difference. You can't really feel anything b/c they're so thin, so I think what i'm gonna try is using 2 at a time(They give you 2 pairs). In fact, I'm gonna go do that now, and I'll get back to you and let you know how that works out! But if you wanna try it out for yourself, try checking around a drugstore or shoe place, so you don't have to waste money on shipping! I got mine for $8(Canadian), so about $6US ?

When I went to fashion week last Feburary in NYC, they had people giving them away. I took a bunch because I thought they were a good idea. WRONG!! The gel stuff buckles as you walk, and then you have a weird bump in them. And the adhesive is one tiny strip, and it moves around.

Originally posted by kimair@Oct 15 2004, 02:38 PM
The gel stuff buckles as you walk, and then you have a weird bump in them. And the adhesive is one tiny strip, and it moves around.
[snapback]398061[/snapback]​

Yeah, I forgot to mention that too! So I put them under a half insole so they don't move around. And I tried doubling 2 gels at the same time but that just made my boots really tight and squeeze my toes. OUCH!

the ones by Dr. Scholls aren't bad. I had them in my pointies for a looong time with no trouble and lots of comfort.

I dont have any real experience with THESE though.

yep. Gel. They came with tape stuff, enough that they lasted a long time and were secure until I ripped them off.

Massaging_Gel_BOF_Cushions.gif

Dr. Scholl's inserts

If you need the cushiness in the ball of the foot area, up at the front, not in the heel, these work well and don't show at all.

O wow! I think i'll try those out! I saw those at the store too, besides the Air Plus for Her, but bought those instead cuz I read that Heather Locklear wears them and can last for hours in her heels. I'm such a sucker! :doh:

The airplus ones are horrible. I started with just one, it was very thin, the adhesive moved around, and they bunched up. Then I tried doubling them up. This provided more cushion but when I wore them barefoot with pumps my foot would slide down and get crammed into the toe. I then took two pairs of thin socks and placed the gels inbetween each sock and wore them with boots. This prevented the sliding.
I also have the dr. scholls ones. These were better because they didn't slide around. My foot stayed in place on one pair of pumps, but slid forward on the fabric of another. I would recommend getting a pair for each shoe because mine molded to my foot and to my shoe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->