Alaïa F/W 2024.25 Paris

Natasha looks great, looks on Mariam de Vinzelle, He Cong, and Mona are good. Look on Mariacarla is nice too, but I never liked her. Rianne looks great neck up, but that outfit is atrocious. Actually decent, despite some weird shape choices in some offers.

Interesting, though I'll have to see the full collection to make a true verdict.

The show soundtrack for those interested:

no-randy-jackson.gif

tenor.com

Still waiting on good quality pictures, but the video looks amazing. I loved how he played with proportions… Very elegant and sexy! Styling-wise it was quite interesting too.

More from the collection:

I’m rather curious to see the whole thing but so far, his work seems totally detached from the spirit of the house. He is experimenting but it’s in the detriment of a woman’s body or life.
I mean…His interpretation of the zipper dress…Is it supposed to be worn by a woman in the real world or is it just a pure experimentation once again.

Thankfully, I have an Alaia zipper dress. And Tom did a clever interpretation of the same dress in 2012.

Kudos for the fabric treatment and whole thing but for me, he doesn’t get Alaia.

We want so much Riccardo Tisci to take over Versace…Maybe Alaia is the place he should be at!

Oh this looks stunning. The fluid silhouettes are so luxurious. That gray double-lapel piece is just gorgeous.

Also, THIS is how you do volume. It's natural and integral to the piece.

...Unlike the overinflated Christmas decorations Valli threw on HIS runway.

Very cold and cumbersome. But what’s odd about it is that a lot of the designs are so minimal and exposing yet they look very precarious in a compromising way.

I appreciate the experimenting, and as @GoldenPetals said there’s a great display of balancing volume visually and technically. Maybe it’s the slow walking that puts me off with this though because the clothes don’t really translate as well in motion?

I’m not sure, I’m left feeling confused and distanced from this. I can’t say it’s too fantasy orientated to be able to be worn in the real world on a real body because it’s so slick and minimal, it’s just not very grounded at all. Kind of denies the actual body in form, unless you’re wearing something sheer or a bodysuit from this.

His Alaia is unbearably cold, hollow and dry. There’s no warmth, no passion, no understanding of what was so appealing about Azzedine’s work.

None of Pieter’s clothes have ever looked comfortable or easy to wear.

He’s very preoccupied with “experimentation” and forgets to design anything that flatters a woman. Does he think anyone is going to wear that dress on Mariacarla? His ex Matthieu has the exact problem over at Bottega. They’re like nerds holed up in the laboratory. They spend all their time “researching fabric” but have zero “social skills.”

Something about this collection makes me uncomfortable and I can't pin my finger on why. I'm not really feeling this season, tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->