Alberta Ferretti F/W 10.11 Milan

hmm...i usually like her collections very much but i can't say anything is really jumping out at me...

The dresses are classically Alberta and classically beautiful. All the shapes, drapes and details - like only one arm in Kasia's dress. :wub:

I Love it. Very chic and pretty. The gowns are beautiful!

Lovely, feminine (I hate this word), pretty and delicate ---------> Drippy, dull, prudish, whiny and fussy.

I hate this.

This is the Alberta I was looking for!! I love it all, it's so intricate and delicate, and the gows, OMG. :heart::heart:

feminine (I hate this word), pretty and delicate ---------> Drippy, dull, prudish, whiny and fussy.
may I ask why? :unsure:
confusing post.. but just, let me get this straight, are you saying feminine and pretty and delicacy equal prudish, whiny and dull?.

*sighs*

anyway, can't say I'm impressed by Alberta this season, there are some nice pieces here and there but the overuse of satin, feathers, etc resemble more a collection from some random new york designers.. this seems to lack the individual and nonchalant spirit I tend to associate Ferretti with.

No, no, something pretty and delicate doesn't mean it's prudish and whiny! The point is to many people this may look delicate and feminine but to me it's just dull and whiny. :flower:

I hate 'feminine' applied to clothes because people usually think something is feminine when it's made by light materials, when the colors are soft..., and I think femininity is an attitude that has nothing to do with clothes, any woman could look so feminine wearing trousers. ^_^

I hate 'feminine' applied to clothes because people usually think something is feminine when it's made by light materials, when the colors are soft..., and I think femininity is an attitude that has nothing to do with clothes, any woman could look so feminine wearing trousers. ^_^

true. thanks for expanding a bit more, Creative. You totally got me on your first post. :lol:

I think it's beautiful. Very tastefully done. I like the glittery appliques too. They make for a very chic everydaywear. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->