Alexander McQueen Uomo F/W 2004

Originally posted by Spacemiu+Jan 14th, 2004 - 6:13 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spacemiu @ Jan 14th, 2004 - 6:13 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Scott@Jan 14th, 2004 - 5:12 pm
Its called experimenting with the shape of shoulder. Notice that it slopes. This is why the high point of the shoulder looks pokey or as if its attatched to the sleeve itself. This is not "traditional" tailoring as in-everyday normal tailoring-traditional. That's actually one detail that I found most attractive in those pieces. And the inverted drape,as you call it,for me,gives off the impression of elongation--it also makes men look slimmer.
absolutely :blush: :heart: i lvoe taht Jacket [/b][/quote]
And to add,if you notice in those exaggerated details,McQueen hasn't seemed to lose a bit of drama in what he's done.

I think that first black suit is wonderful, as well. I'd definitely wear it if I were a guy. No, scratch that...I'd wear it now as a girl. :flower:

Great! :woot: I wish there could be more photos but from the photos posted it looks like a strong, exceptional collection esp. the tailoring. I want that first suit. :heart:

Rating: 8.5 (Out of 10); Exceptional.

Originally posted by Scott@Jan 15th, 2004 - 1:12 am
Its called experimenting with the shape of shoulder. Notice that it slopes. This is why the high point of the shoulder looks pokey or as if its attatched to the sleeve itself. This is not "traditional" tailoring as in-everyday normal tailoring-traditional. That's actually one detail that I found most attractive in those pieces. And the inverted drape,as you call it,for me,gives off the impression of elongation--it also makes men look slimmer.
That's not what I'm talking about. What I meant was that the shoulder part of the arm (high biceps?) actually looks bad, there's a big crease just below the shoulder pad. To me, it seems like the arm is cut badly or to suit someone with less shoulder width.

Can't you see it, or am I not explaining this clearly? (English is my 2nd langauge...)

Originally posted by tott+Jan 15th, 2004 - 7:20 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tott @ Jan 15th, 2004 - 7:20 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Scott@Jan 15th, 2004 - 1:12 am
That's not what I'm talking about. What I meant was that the shoulder part of the arm (high biceps?) actually looks bad, there's a big crease just below the shoulder pad. To me, it seems like the arm is cut badly or to suit someone with less shoulder width.

Can't you see it, or am I not explaining this clearly? (English is my 2nd langauge...) [/b][/quote]
That's actually what I was getting at. That sort of capping effect,right? I dunno,I like it...seems a bit more dramatic;a little quirkier. Like I said,perhaps he was experimenting....with seamwork and cutting?

Hum .. I really like Outfit #1 and the trousers on #3 ... I just noticed something that just made my day ... Alexander McQueen (my fave designer) wears the same clothing I do (Benetton!!!!) :blush: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

I found one photo. :(

fashpic.011604.1.jpg

i haven't seen the entire collection, but based on what i have seen...its nothing special :huh: not to me anway

Originally posted by CaptainJackSparrow@Feb 17th, 2004 - 11:29 am
i haven't seen the entire collection, but based on what i have seen...its nothing special :huh: not to me anway
Honey chile :flower: , it's ALL in the CUT !!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

KIT :innocent:

The latest one looks like a woman's blouson! :shock:
But the first one (the dark suit) looks great in all the right places.

Pretty interesting how suddenly there's a lot of designers now doing menswear. But this is a different topic :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->