Alexis Bledel

purplelucrezia

Reaction score
I got the idea from the Lisa Cant topic, the two young women look incredibly similar. As I wrote there; I watched a little video interview with her a bit ago, and learned that she began modeling commercially when she was fifteen. Alexis Bledel was living in a shared model appartment and hated the living situation. Apparently that was the trigger that got her to switch to acting.
Also, because I'm a fan of hers, I've been wanting to start this topic for ages. However, despite being decently and classically dressed, she tends to stick to the basics fashion-wise. So- what are your thoughts on this alternative aspect of her?

An editorial from March's In Style magazine, as originally posted by Sloan.
http://www.bwgreyscale.com/monday_november_1st.html

Attachments

• vote.jpg
    vote.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,975
Love her, love her, love her! When I first saw her on Gilmore Girls, I went looking for pics of her, and some of the model-y pics I found were amazing.. I think she's so beautiful. She's also Hispanic, which was a surprise to me, but that's also cool!

Yeah...so I voted yes. :D

I also think they look so similar!! Glad someone else agree's!! Sometimes I see lisa cant in pictures and think it's alexis. I think alexis is perfect for todays climate and if she wasn't an actress she really could have taken off if she was with the right agency. big wide set eyes, small face, and very slim. though am not sure how tall she is.

Wow, I didn't know she was hispanic either. Anyone know more detail on that?

Was spotted in a mall by a modeling agency. She worked as a catalog model and traveled all over the world including Milan, New York, Los Angeles and Tokyo.

Her early modeling photographs...
http://www.visionsofalexis.com/modelpics.html

abledel_tear.jpg

ggogirls.jpg

AlexisBledel.jpg

Attachments

• fashion.jpg
    fashion.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 478
Originally posted by Honey+Nov 2 2004, 08:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Honey @ Nov 2 2004, 08:09 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Wow, I didn't know she was hispanic either. Anyone know more detail on that?
[snapback]415704[/snapback]​
[/b]

Alexis Bledel was born Kimberly Alexis Bledel in Houston, TX, on September 16, 1981. Her first language is Spanish, as her mother, Nanette, is from Mexico and her father, Martin, was born in Argentina. Alexis learned English in nursery school.

<!--QuoteBegin-Meg
@Nov 2 2004, 08:03 PM
big wide set eyes, small face, and very slim. though am not sure how tall she is.
[snapback]415699[/snapback]​
[/quote]
She's 5'7" and the minimun for models is 5'8".

More on her modeling, from visionsofalexis.com... :flower:

Alexis was spotted by modeling agent Page Parks while shopping at a local mall. Accompanied by her mother, she worked in Japan, Italy and all over the US. She says Japan was her favorite because she was able to work and stay with many other teenage models. Alexis went on to graduate from the Page Parks Center of Modeling and Acting. She stopped modeling regularly after five year after a posing for a shoot during winter during which the photographer had cold water splashed in her face.

I say yes as she has the right "look" that very very in right now. The only barrier, I think, would be her height, which I last heard that when she was 16 and just starting out on GG, she was 5'7" - not quite runway height. But who knows...she probably grew, but she seems to enjoy acting. But I DO think that if she went back, she'd do pretty well.

These are two one of my favourite shots of her: (they're big, which is why I'm just linking) :: edit :: Well, they WERE bigger, but photobucket shrunk them - I forgot about that. :P I LOVE the Flaunt shot, and she looks quite tall in the InStyle shot...but who knows if she grew or not.

Alexis for Flaunt Magazine

Alexis for InStyle

:o That photograph from Flaunt magazine is stunning, Misako! Thanks for posting.

She does seem to be satisfied with her acting career though...

"The older I get, the more comfortable I feel in my skin," she says. "I find that much more appealing than not having wrinkles." It's a lesson she learned while modeling in high school. "They were constantly telling me to lose weight because my hips were too big. I was like, 'I'm still working, so what's it to you?'"
- from Spin magazine

Attachments

• white.jpg
    white.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 526
she could be a model, but i'm just wondering if that would be a good idea? i mean its easier to be big a star, acting, than modelling. personally.. i would rather be a screen siren than a supermodel.

anyway i don't/didnt watch the gilmore girls because i was jelus :P

damn you rory! haha, she has everything!

but actually i think alexis is very pretty and has a nice voice

I think she'd do very well if she decided to take up modeling again :flower:

Only recently have I started watching the Gilmore Girls - it's like an addiction...

Alexis, is she like her character in the show? I mean, is she low-key... and nearly monotone in real life?

Originally posted by Erin@Nov 2 2004, 11:51 PM
Only recently have I started watching the Gilmore Girls - it's like an addiction...

Alexis, is she like her character in the show? I mean, is she low-key... and nearly monotone in real life?
[snapback]415911[/snapback]​
Seeing as how neither I, nor the vast majority of people here have actually met her in person, it's slightly difficult to tell. However, you are more than welcome to watch a video clip with her. http://www.visionsofalexis.com/videos.html
My favourite is the Late Late Night with Craig Kilborn, she seems really at ease there and quite funny. Another aspect is that she talks about the limitations of being Rory. Not being able to wear any black, even, for example.

anouck is only 5'7" so i'm sure alexis could do fine. i just hope she isn't anything like rory in real life.

I remember Alexis in Gilmore Girl's so sweet :blush:
She has got a beautiful blue eyes :crush:
I envy she

:heart: Alexis! I am a Gilmore Girls addict! :lol:

She did not know whether did model
Both of me should like to do
Well, she resembled great with Lisa Cant :heart:

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Nov 3 2004, 12:01 AM
Seeing as how neither I, nor the vast majority of people here have actually met her in person, it's slightly difficult to tell. However, you are more than welcome to watch a video clip with her. http://www.visionsofalexis.com/videos.html
My favourite is the Late Late Night with Craig Kilborn, she seems really at ease there and quite funny. Another aspect is that she talks about the limitations of being Rory. Not being able to wear any black, even, for example.
[snapback]415925[/snapback]​

Thank you so much for that link! I appreciate it :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellison1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->