Aliona Doletskaya

Hey everyone. I am an assistant at Vogue Russia and today is her final day as our editor-in-chief. We literally just took the last group photo. Victoria Davydova is starting tomorrow, and I disagree with whoever said that she has no style and will fail. The explanation is easy. When Vogue Russia started in September '98, Victoria was a beauty editor, and then progressed to beauty director - a job that she kept for 5 years. She was then nominated as editor-in-chief for the Russian version of Glamour, which she introduced and brought to EXTREMELY big sales. A few years later the story repeated with Tatler, which (under her control) grew to a very successful and respected magazine. Today, most of the staff at Vogue came wearing black - yes, we are literally mourning the loss of our editor-in-chief. :cry: She is irreplaceable, and Vogue Russia is her empire. Hope this information clears something up. :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much for the info shockalika. Tell Aliona she has been a fantastic and amazing editor.

Vogue Blog
Everything's gonna be alright
thank you Aliona

vogue.ru

^ Aw that is so cute, very sad she is leaving, but she might be doing other great things in the future, so good luck to her.

^ My thoughts... :(
I don't think I'll be more sad if I hear about editor change in other Vogues, even in my favorite Vogue Paris.

Still can`t believe ... To say that I`m in shock that means to say nothing. With all my scepticism and criticism of Russian Vogue, I still loved this magazine all my heart. For those many many years that I read VR Aliona really become a good friend whose work and professionalism served as inspiration. I can`t imagine what will happen to the publication without her. Just want to express my recognition and respect for this remarkable woman. Good luck to Aliona!

She escaped to Spain at 8am this morning. I can imagine what a heavy mixture of feelings and emotions she is experiencing right now. :blink:

She escaped to Spain at 8am this morning. I can imagine what a heavy mixture of feelings and emotions she is experiencing right now. :blink:

How do you know? I`m still emotional. She must be happy because leaving was her decision

I work in Vogue Russia. ^_^ Everybody is emotional... The office is so quiet and cold without her. :( My heart stops when I imagine her having to go into a supermarket and paying 152 rubles for a magazine that she created with her bare hands. And then seeing somebody else in her throne... :cry:

Yesterday evening, Bosco Cafe spend a vacation and celebrate the beginning of a new life Alena Doletskaya gathered, it seems, all of Moscow. Among the friends who came to support the former editor of Vogue Russia were Natalia Vodianova, Mikhail Kusnirovich, Olga Sviblova, Tatiana Kitsenko and many others.

More Here

vogue.ru

The Pictures that accompany the above article
esp4265.jpg

esp4176.jpg

esp4206.jpg

esp4227.jpg

esp4322.jpg

esp4408.jpg

esp4445.jpg

esp4508.jpg

esp4660.jpg

*Vogue.ru

We will miss her as Editor-in-Chief of Vogue Russia for sure.:cry::(
Good luck, Aliona!:flower:

How do you know? I`m still emotional. She must be happy because leaving was her decision
Actually, if you'll read letters sending to her here
http://www.vogue.ru/blogs/vogue-blog/92039/
you'll see something like that "that's their cynical style to do such things during you vacation"
"they did it to Diana Vriland"
and firstly they say Aliona will work till 1st September and than she left suddenly

it wasn't Alyona's decition. It was a decition of Conde Nast Russia president Karina Dobrotvorskaya. And Davidova is her best friend.That's why she is new editor-in-chief of Vogue Russia

I want her to give an interview about all her time at the magazine! She must have so many amazing stories.

it wasn't Alyona's decition. It was a decition of Conde Nast Russia president Karina Dobrotvorskaya. And Davidova is her best friend.That's why she is new editor-in-chief of Vogue Russia

Sorry, but this is false information. Aliona decided to leave herself, and dealt the question with Jonathan Newhouse (president of Conde Nast) himself, who was greatly against her leaving and kept trying to keep her all the time. Aliona has always been too powerful to be fired by anyone. :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->