Aliona Doletskaya

oh cool! I was right! It's refreshing to see an older woman wear miu miu and i like that she isn't scared to wear a dress from last year to an important event. She reminds me of carine roitfield, the same punky attitude :P

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+1]Vogue Russia July 2007: Sharon Stone vs. Alena Doletskaya\
my scans
[/SIZE][/FONT]

at Oskar de La Renta next to posh

bryanboy.com

Attachments

• alena posh.jpg
    alena posh.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 11
the same dress on 3 pics

Well, she's not married and her only source of income is her job - she does no TV, no side jobs. I admire her because she is so dedicated. And a Russian Vogue editor doesn't make much money in comprasion to Anna "a-hole" Wintour, maybe 120'000$ / year. :(

you know, the money is not an issue, as she might get some promotional dresses from Rus disigners to wear, or borrow from her upper-class friends :P
I seriously doubt that any Russian lady is going to wear the same dress for 3 times in a row, when she knows she'll be attending some social function.

you know, the money is not an issue, as she might get some promotional dresses from Rus disigners to wear, or borrow from her upper-class friends :P
I seriously doubt that any Russian lady is going to wear the same dress for 3 times in a row, when she knows she'll be attending some social function.

Yeah, well... She also wore that Miu miu dress from three seasons ago, maybe she just doesn't care that much. I mean, she's not a socialite. If you look at Alex Shulman, she's like way worse and looks like she just doesn't give a crap half a time.
And I doubt Alyona would ask for any dresses to borrow, she in her mid fifties, that would be a tad humiliating.
And Carine re-uses her dresses too albeit with bigger hiatuses.

Vogue Russia March 2008

Interview with Tom Ford, my scans

I do admire her job since Vogue Russia is getting better and better nowadays. And I often see her being interviewed in the videos on style.com. And I thought she's really one of the fashion insiders.

Thanks everyone for the pics and scans!:flower:

She did a bad facelift job recently. Look compltely different. :ninja:

- what makes you happy?
- observations of beauty.

i totally love and respect this woman. thanks a lot for the video. Alyona's voice is fierce!

Oh! Thanks for the video! I have never seen the interviews with Aliona!

source | nytimes

September 10, 2008

Why the Editor of Russian Vogue Is Getting So Much Attention

By Ruth La Ferla

Fishing in her outsize tote, Aliona Doletskaya pulled out her iPhone. “Yes darling, fine darling, everything will go as planned,” she told her caller with the steely authority of a woman long accustomed to having her edicts followed.

In that instant she seemed a creature straight out of central casting, the lanky Slavic counterpart to Miranda Priestly of “The Devil Wears Prada.”

She is that — to a point, Ms. Doletskaya allowed. This is, after all, her 10th year as the editor of Russian Vogue, an experience, she added in a sexy whiskey tenor, that has not done much to soften her. “Fashion is a world in which everything is gorgeous, stunning, caramel on top of caramel, and cream on top of that,” she said. “But in reality you have to fire people, to say things that are not particularly nice. There is a contrast between what you do socially and what happens behind closed doors.”

Focused and formidably confident, Ms. Doletskaya, who has flitted in and out of the tents during Fashion Week, has been compared to her editorial counterparts at Vogue in Paris and New York. And her somewhat austere presence has fueled blog twittering that she is on a short list of likely successors to American Vogue editor Anna Wintour, should Ms. Wintour one day shrug off the mantle.

Lately those comparisons have placed Ms. Doletskaya under unaccustomed scrutiny. They arise in part from her impressive track record. Russian Vogue, introduced 10 years ago in a time of economic turmoil, now has a circulation estimated at 200,000. Its September issue carried some 340 pages of advertising.

Then there is her image. With her lithe physique, foxlike features and predilection for curve-skimming dresses, she appears to be cut from much the same cloth as Carine Roitfeld, the editor of Paris Vogue, whom she counts as a friend.

Seated front row center at the Diane Von Furstenberg show on Sunday, she studied the collection with an analytic eye, confiding in a whisper: “I love all the safari variations and the big tank tops. They are quite cool.” Ignoring several heads that turned in her direction, she went on blithely, “On the whole, the collection made me feel I was on holiday.”

Earlier that weekend, kicking off her Narciso platforms and resting her feet on a table at the Hotel Gansevoort, Ms. Doletskaya seemed to take the unaccustomed attention in stride. The rumors that she would one day replace Ms. Wintour are “pure fantasy, just that — someone else’s romantic notion.” And yet, in her own assessment, she is infinitely “adaptable,” so much so that one could imagine her stepping into Ms. Wintour’s towering boots.

As an editor, Ms. Doletskaya treads a fine line, hewing to the commercial demands of what is arguably the world’s most influential fashion franchise and, at the same time, catering to the tastes of her Russian readership.

An unlikely style maven, she holds a Ph.D. in comparative linguistics. And she strives to edit a magazine that reflects all that has historically defined the Russian style. The fashion pages in her September issue open with a portrait of Anna Selezneva, one of Russia’s most-sought-after models, photographed to resemble an icon — the religious kind.

That image is meant to reflect “the Byzantine past of the country,” Ms. Doletskaya said, “which, with its love of gilding, is really over he top.”

Yet in Moscow, where Vogue has its offices, tastes are shifting, as reflected by the stepped-up presence of American designers in her magazine. “The full-on extravagance, the red lipstick, the diamonds, the furs, all that is passé,” she said firmly. “The Russians are getting far more sophisticated.”

Ms. Doletskaya herself is intent on fostering those newly cosmopolitan tendencies. “What I want to say now to my readers is that we are part of the world,” she said, “no longer wild unfriendly creatures sitting behind a wall.”

Russian VOGUE's 10th Anniversary Party In Milan

scoop01sx7.jpg

Aliona Doletskaya, editor of Russian Vogue, definitely got major wow for her ruble when she enlisted fashion PR Karla Otto to put together a party celebrating the magazine's tenth anniversary. Otto talked an architect friend into turning his house and garden over for the event. Turns out it was the place where Leonardo da Vinci lived while he was painting The Last Supper in Santa Maria delle Grazie, which was conveniently just across the street. Even native Milanese had no idea the place existed, so guests were appropriately awestruck by the interiors and a backyard that stretched into shadow and smelled like Mother Earth at her best. Frida Giannini felt sure she'd been in another garden where da Vinci allegedly prepped his masterpiece (maybe it's one of Milan's urban myths). She was one of the many designers—Ennio Capasa, Giles Deacon, Christopher Bailey—who came to pay tribute to Doletskaya's decade. A bow tie-sporting Stefano Gabbana insisted he'd popped out for just 15 minutes (the Dolce & Gabbana show is on Thursday), but he stayed much longer. The editors of the American and Italian editions of Vogue, Anna Wintour and Franca Sozzani, also stopped by. The Moscow-in-Milan clincher: shots of vodka and little bowls of caviar. Betcha couldn't eat just one.
— Tim Blanks

[style.com]

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->