All About Eyebrows

Don't do anything to your eyebrows - don't pluck or trim. There's no reason. An old toothbrush and some hairspray works just fine.

Spray some hairspray on your old (clean! :D) toothbrush, then brush your brows into place. If you want to make sure it lasts all day, then spray a tiny bit of hairspray on your finger and dab it onto your brows to keep them in place.

Great tip. I never thought about using hairspray and an old toothbrush on my brows.

I kind of have the same problem, i dont wanna look like Groucho Marx, I only wanna get Megan Fox´brows

How do people make their eyebrows look smooth? Mine look like black fuzzy caterpillars. I'll try the witch hazel thing and see if that softens them. :D

I tweeze along the lower line, and trim along the top, but to achieve a really groomed look, I apply a few strokes of pencil at the beginning and the end of the brow, so that it squares off at the start, and has a nice taper at the end. I use a YSL eyebrow pencil, it lasts for years.

I never fill in the brow itself, that would be overkill. I also don't use hairspray or gel, because if your eyebrow hairs are stiffened by product, and get brushed the wrong way during the course of the day by a fingertip or something, they tend to stay that way instead of falling back into place. But such products can add shine to your eyebrows, if you're looking for that effect.

And instead of an old toothbrush - I find a cleaned mascara wand works much better for the purpose of combing the hairs, and isn't so unwieldy to store in your make-up bag. And doesn't look quite so weird either. So any mascara I use up, I take the brush and thoroughly clean it, use it for a while for my eyebrows, and then ditch it.

^Some of us (me :lol:) have brows that don't grow evenly, so some of us (me :D) actually need to brush the hair and set them to keep them where I want them. I personally don't think that old toothbrushes are better or worse than old mascara wands.

Then I would use a completely new toothbrush, to avoid the transfer of mouth bacteria to the eye area - even if I thought I'd cleaned the old brush well enough, I wouldn't want to run the risk of infection of the follicles by those germs, especially if there's been tweezing or threading and the skin is still 'open'.

At least with old mascara wands, they haven't actually been in your mouth and in contact with oral bacteria and all the gunk that lives in that dark place. You can't live in a sterilised world, but it's better to avoid cross-contamination if you possibly can. Eye products for eye areas, toothbrushes for mouths.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to the MAC counter today and asked the SA if she could give me a few disposable mascara wands (that they use for applying mascara onto customers)... Whoopee, I now have three mascara wands to comb my eyebrows :D

Ok, I have a weird technique that works extremely well for me, I don't know if anyone else is going to want to try it though. :P

My natural brows are a thin shape but thick in density,
kind of like Maryna's here (but not as nicely shaped:(
imagenes00050m9327513axg2.jpg

vogue.

What I do is I just take the tweezers and grab as much hair as possible, right on the brow, and yank. (It sounds violent but my brows are dense :blush:.) I'll get about 3-4 hairs in each pull. I have enough hairs that it's hard to over-do this.

The result is softer, more like a shadow of a brow, like Kamila's here:
00030m.jpg

style.

It's just always worked for me. It looks much better with my complexion than my natural more dense brows.

^I do the witch hazel thing, before and after using my epilator, before and after plucking my weirdly shaped eyebrows... :lol:
How much of a difference would you say it makes (the witch hazel)?? If it works I want to try it ...

Then I would use a completely new toothbrush, to avoid the transfer of mouth bacteria to the eye area - even if I thought I'd cleaned the old brush well enough, I wouldn't want to run the risk of infection of the follicles by those germs, especially if there's been tweezing or threading and the skin is still 'open'.

At least with old mascara wands, they haven't actually been in your mouth and in contact with oral bacteria and all the gunk that lives in that dark place. You can't live in a sterilised world, but it's better to avoid cross-contamination if you possibly can. Eye products for eye areas, toothbrushes for mouths.
You can jsut boil it, no probs. That kills everything. I don't think the mascara wands/eyelash combs are very good, they don't really grab onto my brows.

How much of a difference would you say it makes (the witch hazel)?? If it works I want to try it ...

Noo, witch hazel won't do anything for your brows. I just use it for anti-septic purposes before and after plucking my super messy brows :P

(And Ida, you are so right about the mascara wands. They don't do much for me at all :( I bet the Japanese have invented some sort of eyebrow brusher that we don't know about)

(And Ida, you are so right about the mascara wands. They don't do much for me at all :( I bet the Japanese have invented some sort of eyebrow brusher that we don't know about)
And if they did, it would probably be vibrating :lol:

Her Eyebrows are so pretty- How can I make mine like this?

I have very thick, dark eyebrows and im looking at photos of celebs who have thick, stylish eyebrows.

I really love Lily Collins eyebrows. The shape & length in particular. How comes her eyebrows look so smooth? its like you can't see any indivdual hair strands. How can I get this look and what would I need to buy?

Here is a screencap taken from the movie she was in, (The Blind Side).

2h7oyuq.jpg

Threading

Thanks for your reply. She has naturally very thick eyebrows. Im just wondering how the ends of her eyebrows look so long and how they look very smooth compared to her candid photos? my eyebrows end at the end of both eyes but Lily's look as if they extend beyond the eyes.

Im trying to get more length and a smooth/groomed look.

Thanks for your reply. She has naturally very thick eyebrows. Im just wondering how the ends of her eyebrows look so long and how they look very smooth compared to her candid photos? my eyebrows end at the end of both eyes but Lily's look as if they extend beyond the eyes.

Im trying to get more length and a smooth/groomed look.
In the pic you posted I think that look is just achieved with makeup, primarily. I use eye shadows for that rather than brow makeup because it gives a softer look - brow makeups tend to be waxier. But you need a very sharp angle brush, water sometimes helps too. I use a tri-eyeshadow thing from Smashbox .. with darker and lighter shades - so, under my natural brow hair a slightly lighter shade is best for creating that evenness/softness ... and then to extend the end of the brow I also use a slightly darker shade and literally use brush strokes that mimic the direction of the hairs ..

So true.. :D

from thecoveteur

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->