Allegra Versace With 50%

ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Daily
Allegra Versace Beck To Inherit Half Of Versace This Month
Will Donatella's daughter step up or stay in the background?

Thursday, June 10, 2004

When Allegra Versace Beck, daughter of Donatella, turns 18 at the end of this month (June 30), she’s going to be handed over one whopper of a birthday present. 50% of Versace will be in her young, fragile hands, as per the wishes of her Uncle Gianni. It’s anyone’s guess as to what Allegra will do with her newfound power—whether she’ll remain in the background behind her mother (who holds 20% of the company) and her Uncle Santo (who owns 30%) or step up to a more visible and active role. In any event, the Versace’s have their work cut out for them. The company has yet to publicize its final 2003 results, but the Italian press is already buzzing about widened losses. MFF reported today that Versace is expected to post a loss of 40 million euro, a large leap from the 5.5 million euro loss they incurred in 2002. Sales, as previously reported by the company dropped to 400 million euro in 2003 from 484 million euro in 2002. It is also understood that Versace is currently searching for an investor to take a minority stake in the company.
J.J. MARTIN

lordy lordy lordy...

:blush: ...

isn't that a HUGE loss... :shock: ...who's going to invest in fashion these days...seems like risky business... :ninja:

hahah I thought this was going to be about allergy medicine :ninja:

Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 12th, 2004 - 1:53 am
lordy lordy lordy...

:blush: ...

isn't that a HUGE loss... :shock: ...who's going to invest in fashion these days...seems like risky business... :ninja:
*sniff* *sniff* is that lvmh i smell?

adding a stake in versace to their portfolio seems like a safe bet for them right now...

lets be honest, Donatella & Santo simply destroyed the Versace label, lets hope that Allegra will manage better than her 'un-stylish' mom :P

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 14th, 2004 - 12:20 pm
lets be honest, Donatella & Santo simply destroyed the Versace label, lets hope that Allegra will manage better than her 'un-stylish' mom :P
ditto!

Originally posted by pointup@Jun 12th, 2004 - 1:53 am
Me too :lol:

But yeah... Versace used to be cool when my mom wore it when I was a little kid...

Originally posted by chocsta+Jun 14th, 2004 - 9:14 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chocsta @ Jun 14th, 2004 - 9:14 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-pointup@Jun 12th, 2004 - 1:53 am
Me too :lol: [/b][/quote]
Me three! :innocent: :lol:

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 14th, 2004 - 5:20 pm
exactly :lol: no wonder donatella destroyed the business.......she doesnt exactly make the label look very desirable :sick:

i wonder how allegra will change it.......if i were her......i would take donatella right off the picture :ninja:

Originally posted by eloes+Jun 14th, 2004 - 9:23 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (eloes @ Jun 14th, 2004 - 9:23 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by chocsta@Jun 14th, 2004 - 9:14 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-pointup
@Jun 12th, 2004 - 1:53 am
hahah I thought this was going to be about allergy medicine  :ninja:

Me too :lol:
Me three! :innocent: :lol: [/b][/quote]
Me four.. I haven't read it for a week because of that.. :wacko:

:lol: Allegra means something close to awake, happy and full of life,
comes from classical music terms , quite very far from allergies etc :P

That must be why they picked the name Allegra for the medicine.. because it gives allergy sufferers a feeling of happiness and being awake. Awesome, I never thought of it like that :wink:

In other articles about her- it has been written that she has no plans to follow in her mom/uncle's fashion footsteps. She wants to be an actress.
But maybe she will come around.

Originally posted by ignitioned32+Jun 12th, 2004 - 1:48 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ignitioned32 @ Jun 12th, 2004 - 1:48 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-The Daily
the Italian press is already buzzing about widened losses.  MFF reported today that Versace is expected to post a loss of 40 million euro, a large leap from the 5.5 million euro loss they incurred in 2002.  Sales, as previously reported by the company dropped to 400 million euro in 2003 from 484 million euro in 2002.
[/b][/quote]
It's no wonder, with designs like this:

p10529450_ph_hero.jpg

If Allegra, as onehotgrrl said, has no interest in the business at all, she should sell her share to a firm (PPR? LVMH?? Would they even be interested?) and let them kick Donatella out and get some great designers in there. That way, Donatella couldn't directly blame Allegra for her demise.. :innocent:

beautiful Allegra Versace beck last Dec

15ders2.jpg

Ms. Versace said her daughter may decide one day to get involved in the company, but until then, it will be business as usual. "Nothing is going to change," she said Monday in a telephone interview. A former employee who worked with Ms. Versace agreed. "The newspapers are making this huge fuss over Allegra turning 18, but I don't see how it's going to make a difference in the company," said the employee, who signed a confidentiality agreement and asked not to be identified. "She is not interested in fashion or in the business — she will tell you that herself. She wants to be an actress."

Through a company spokesman, Ms. Beck declined to be interviewed.

from NYT read more here

You have to wonder how successful an 18 year old girl would be at managing a company.

My guess is not so much.

It depends on whether she's actually going to be involved in management, or if she's just holding shares... I agree that Versace should bring in some new blood, with the right people, the brand can totally be revived! :flower:

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 15th, 2004 - 6:35 am
:lol: Allegra means something close to awake, happy and full of life,
comes from classical music terms , quite very far from allergies etc :P
allegra means happy and upbeat...lively...allegro...the masculine version is a musical term ...
it means the same in both spanish and italian... :flower:

ALLEGRA...is also one of the best allergy medicines on the market today...hahaha...

i can't believe it...another wannabe actress... :o

:ninja:

Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep+Jun 15th, 2004 - 10:06 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheSoCalledPrep @ Jun 15th, 2004 - 10:06 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by ignitioned32@Jun 12th, 2004 - 1:48 am
<!--QuoteBegin-The Daily

the Italian press is already buzzing about widened losses.  MFF reported today that Versace is expected to post a loss of 40 million euro, a large leap from the 5.5 million euro loss they incurred in 2002.   Sales, as previously reported by the company dropped to 400 million euro in 2003 from 484 million euro in 2002.
It's no wonder, with designs like this:

p10529450_ph_hero.jpg

[/b][/quote]
:lol:

I actually think that there's a big market for crap like that.
.....wealthy elderly women perhaps?

...They also went mad for Chanel's S/S '04 orthopedic shoe :innocent: :winkiss:

100118210.jpg

:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AprilL
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"