Allure September 2018 : Bella Hadid by Daniel Jackson

serendipity8777

Reaction score
mHsxR1Nd_o.jpg

kevinkkelly1 on ebay

Getting 80's supermodel vibes from this cover. But Bella herself looks flat.

Her face is stunningly constructed.

But after seeing her give the same face over and over again, this cover feels terribly unexcited.

She looks beautiful as always but this is not exciting, at all...

This is possibly the first Allure cover under the new regime that I actually like - and Bella looks like a human being, instead of a perfect plastic person.

It's also far more generic than most of the covers they've been producing recently. I wonder if someone has had a word about the need to come up with a more commercial formula.

I can admire a lot of what Allure has been trying to do with their covers, but they didn't necessarily appeal to me on a personal level. This one does.

It's a lovely fresh cover, and certainly a lot better than any of their recent output. A smile wouldn't have gone amiss though!

This is amazing! She works so well when she's natural and soft. It's a great alternative to the blow up doll look we're accustomed to.

Wow, stunning art direction! Looks like old Italian magazines. And the shot and styling looks fine. They should've chosen another model though, one probably more renowned for her lips. But it's a great beauty shot.

Won't be shocked if this is a Dior sponsored cover!

Clean layout, clean face - yes! She's radiating.

Wow, stunning art direction! Looks like old Italian magazines. And the shot and styling looks fine. They should've chosen another model though, one probably more renowned for her lips. But it's a great beauty shot.

Won't be shocked if this is a Dior sponsored cover!

Absolutely re: dior ha!

This is a thoroughly modern cover without looking gimmicky. Her pose/compositon and the seemingly natural light gives it a freshness and a cut through that feels very 2018, rather than vintage/retro or what we see elsewhere.

I was ready to hate but, she looks good. This looks good.

Love this nude make-up look, so 1997 and reminds me of Corinne Day...I will def get this issue<3

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->