Altuzarra Resort 2014

fierceboi

Reaction score
A distinct Seventies vibe through the lens of his native Paris defined Joseph Altuzarra’s strong resort collection. “There was this idea of effortlessness,” Altuzarra said. “The women in the magazines were always smiling. The breezy glamour appealed to me.” The designer took the era’s sense of ease and translated it via folkloric and French lingerie touches, including traditional a Romanian embroidery print for a top and culotte combination, and an arty pattern taken from monogrammed doilies and handkerchiefs for a skirt with side slit, for instance. Lace insets in dresses and blouses, on a tailored tuxedo or for the hem of a black skirt added a French sense of romance to the lineup.

WWD

Attachments

• altuzarra01.JPG
    altuzarra01.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 7
  • altuzarra03.JPG
    altuzarra03.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 5
  • altuzarra06.JPG
    altuzarra06.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 10
  • altuzarra07.JPG
    altuzarra07.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 8
  • altuzarra09.JPG
    altuzarra09.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 0
  • altuzarra04.JPG
    altuzarra04.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 3
  • altuzarra08.JPG
    altuzarra08.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 2
I have a hard time to justify why I just love his resort collections so much, but I just do, this is no exception, he totally delivers the full package of goodies.

Whomever styled this needs to be slapped for abuse of necklaces, belts, and hideous shoes. It's decent though. It all doesn't look like it was taken straight out of Carine Roitfeld's closet for once, so that's a plus.

Whomever styled this needs to be slapped for abuse of necklaces, belts, and hideous shoes. It's decent though. It all doesn't look like it was taken straight out of Carine Roitfeld's closet for once, so that's a plus.

Mélanie Utzmann Huynh usually.

I love the evening wear more so than the daywear and I'm quite fond of the fur pieces too, especially teamed with the sheer black blouse, I also like how fluid the gold pieces sit on the models bodies, like liquid gold.

I love many pieces but I dont find it's coherent at all, feel like they put many things in one collection.

I love Joseph's work in general but I'm not totally in love with this collection. I'm not sure what it is but I'm not totally convinced about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tamtam6363
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->