Gucci Resort 2013

Wow! I really like it! So much better than I expected from the WWD previews! I like it much more than the previous resort collection. =D

On a side note, doesn't Karmen look like Vanessa Paradis in those pictures? O.O

yea I agree that now it looks better than the other photos. a few of the pieces are lovely, like the yellow and purple dress with the decoration around the collarbones.

lol I had no doubt that the style.com previews would be 1000 x better than those of WWD, that's why I don't bother subscribing to WWD, waste of money....

Well this looks different, kinda like many looks. Lovely colors.

so, now she's doing symmetric floral prints too? only, what, 4 season after everyone else.

at least she's stopped doing her unflattering capri pants.

I really like this! Those hats are superb! And I especially love all the flora prints. The menswear is also very strong. The colour palette is very soft like in this collection and everything looks very light and fresh. Two great offerings from Frida for Resort! :wink:

I take back what I initially said. This is definitely lovely.
That green gown at the end...stunning. I'm also loving the leather looks a lot.

I just don't get what Frida and her bosses think of when they put out collections that look like this. When you see them in the context of the Gucci boutiques, what with the whole nouveau riche, Las Vegas circa 1970-something gaudy vibe with so many shiny gold surfaces you're lucky you don't walk out blinded, it truly boggles the mind. And then held up against her runway collections...she's addressing quite the bipolar customer season to season. There really is no Gucci look. It's just random stuff that's either way to overdone for it's good, stuff that can easily be gotten elsewhere for less money (such is the case here), or the few randomly beautiful pieces mixed in that barely even wind up being produced.

That said I'm soooo glad that the Flora print made yet another comeback. I just loved it so much all of the other times that Frida & Co. decided it was a fabulous idea, and the thought of having to go too long without a reprise was too difficult to bear.

I absolutely agree about the floral print!

I love everything that has it!

But as well I do think she sometimes totally dives into the archives and do some minimal adjustments and just throws everything back to the stores/market

^ I was actually being sarcastic about that. I guess it doesn't translate as well in type. :lol:

I've honestly hated the Flora since they first re-introduced it.

the only instance i really liked the Flora print was when it was done in b&w for the perfume commercial...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LA REGINA
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->