Ana Carolina Reston - RIP

they knew, they had to have known! but its hard to do something about it if the person suffering doesnt see it, or doesnt thinks she needs help
thats whats sad about eating disorders
the victim is blind to it and consequently, often denies intervention
:(

This is so sad. The pressure to be thin is ridiculous, but it affects so many people..

Very, very sad and tradgic. I hope her death is not in vain, I hope people take notice and make some changes.

Tribute video somebody made.
(although there's a pic of Magdalena Frackowiak in there..:unsure:)

*Bianca* said:
Tribute video somebody made.
(although there's a pic of Magdalena Frackowiak in there..:unsure:)
Yes. The one on the runway, in a bathing suit is Magdalena :smile: Thanks.

RIP Ana Reston, it's so sad... such a beautiful girl, such a sad way to go :(

She was so beautiful, and I feel so sorry for her family. Rest in peace.

That's so sad.... why cant agencies be happy with a beautiful face and body, not necessarily a thin one?

redbreizzlete said:
she doesn't look so thin. why...

they said it´s not allowed to show pics, or there are no pics, or something, where she is that deadly thin.

she used to be so perfect pretty!

why?:cry:

This is so tragic... tragic because this beautiful girl is no longer with her loved ones, tragic because she was so young, and tragic because it will taker her death- and possibly many more- to show people in the fashion industry what they're doing and the lives they are ruining with petty, ludicrous, and thwarted opinions on beauty and looks.

RIP Ana Carolina :flower:

wings said:
they said it´s not allowed to show pics, or there are no pics, or something, where she is that deadly thin.

she used to be so perfect pretty!

why?:cry:
They say there are no pics? Yeah right. More likely they won't release them because it reflects badly upon them. Because it would have been very obvious that if she wasn't starving herself then there was some other medical reason for it, because you don't get to such a low weight at her height unless something is seriously wrong with your health. Someone that is so obviously sick should not have been allowed to work.

I mean most of us have probably seen pics of Mary-Kate Olsen who is what 5'1 at most and was reported to be around 85 pounds when she went into treatment for anorexia nervosa. If Ana weighed as little as they said and at 5'8 one can only imagine. Plus photos for shoots and such can be edited to get rid of many imperfections including someone extremely underweight and sickly looking if need be.

Of course they can always blame the pro-Ana movement online as an excuse to not release the photos, but if they aren't released then most people won't understand when they look at the pics how she could have died and that she looked heavier then 88lbs. The thing is it doesn't matter how much you weigh, your ED can and will kill you even if your BMI is over 17.5, unless treatment is sought. Fluctuations in weight and switching between anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa will ruin your health and your heart.

But the fashion world won't do anything to prevent future deaths of models via ED's. While many people find this deplorable, the people who could truly do something about it, won't. Profits before people. :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
There was an article about Ana in The Observer Magazine today...it's really good, interesting...but sad.

flybythemoon said:
That's so sad.... why cant agencies be happy with a beautiful face and body, not necessarily a thin one?
Its not about agencies she suffered under mental disease which anorexia definitely is. Nobody can force you to starve yourself.

They spoke of her in an article in the sunday ny times I believe--I'll try to find it tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->