Ana Carolina Reston - RIP

heard it on E!... im so sad know.... her story is very sad...she was so beautiful... 3 losts this year already...

r.i.p ana

How can we stop all this?????????
I have no words...but how starts this in a healthy mind??...Carolina you'r an angel now...

I'm worried that modeling agents are encouraging girls who are too short for fashion modeling, to diet themselves into those proportions...

I see it happen in Europe where I've been working for the last few years.

If your agent is encouraging you to diet, please read my blog post here.

RIP.. i feel for her family... maybe it will be a wake up call to the industry!

i think all cities and magazines should seriously consider the BMI thing othrwise the fashion industry is guilty of killing all these models and young girls around the world

may she rest in peace...
i found this article in sammie's blog...
it120406modlk9dk3.jpg

Inside a Model's Deadly Anorexia Battle

ana_carolina_reston.jpg

Before her death last week from anorexia, Brazilian model Ana Carolina Reston was robbed of both her beauty and her strength by the disease, friends say.

Earlier this year, when she arrived at the Mexico City airport after a job in Japan, she was too emaciated and weak to carry her luggage, fellow Brazilian model Aliana Idibar, 21, tells PEOPLE in its new issue. "I helped her," Idibar says. "I was holding myself not to cry."

Once luminous, Reston had become a virtual skeleton. "The skin was gray. The eyes were sad and without light," recalls Estela Saenz, owner of a Mexican modeling agency, who last saw Reston at that time.

Still, the ambitious model continued to work, posing for a fashion Web site as late as Oct. 18. The next day she canceled a bridal magazine booking to enter a São Paulo hospital, carrying only 88 lbs. on her 5'7" frame.

Friends were grieved, but not entirely surprised, to learn that on Nov. 14 Reston, 21, had died from multiple organ failure caused by anorexia.

Reston's passing adds fuel to the outrage over too-thin models. "I understand that in the industry there is pressure to be skinny," says Gisele Bündchen, the Brazilian supermodel, who never met Reston. "But (this) is what happens when people take things to extremes."

In truth, Reston's illness was one more hardship in a life riven with them. Five years ago robbers stole everything from her impoverished family's rural home outside São Paulo. "From that moment, Ana Carolina had to work to help pay our bills," says her grieving mother, Miriam, 58, whose husband suffers from Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.

Signed with Ford Brazil in her early teens, Reston never grew "tall enough for the (runway)," says Lica Kohlrausch, director of Brazil's L'Equipe agency, which took her on last year. She tried to compensate by losing weight, says Miriam. "She said, 'Mum, I will get thinner. I can work more if I'm skinny.' "

Her health declined, but Carol, as she was known, brushed off the concern of family and friends, many of whom donated blood during her hospitalization. There would be no saving her. Says Miriam Reston: "I want this to be an alert to other mothers."

Source: People

wow, thanks guys for the articles, i'm glad we pay attention about these things, sometimes it could be dangerous. Anyway, the more i see ana, the more i'm convinced she was stunning

Ana is perhaps..was perhaps, one of the most naturally beautiful models I've ever encountered. That she would not consider herself beautiful seems like the greatest tragedy. If only somebody had told her she was too thin to work...would it have helped? It didn't help Karen Carpenter but who knows...too late to speculate now.

^^^^ she was 5'7''. i'm not anal, it's important. i saw this report thingy on tv way back when... she told her mother she had to lose more weight because she was too short, and she had to make up for that

she was so pretty... much prettier than half the girls out there. it wasn't fair, this shouldn't have happened to her

wow..so she was working at 88 lbs..! poor thing..

it is truly sad that no one tried to intervene..

for ana and her family and to all the models who give us the gift of there beauty and to say model they are beautiful people for you beautiful people who give us your gift ana being one of the most beautiful person all of you:heart:

http://www.campaignforrealbeauty.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darvesh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->