Anais Mali

Love that she's featured prominently in that vogue Italia ed:heart:. Hope she has another end inside^_^

Fashion Night Supplement

La Vie En Rose
Models: Andreea Diaconu, Magdalena Frackowiak, Arizona Muse, Anais Mali & Clement Chabernaud
Photographer: Gilles Bensimon
Stylist: Claire Dhelens

Part 1

glossynewsstand.com

Part 3

glossynewsstand.com via Oxymore

Still can't believe she only got one damn pic:furious:... Ugh, such a serious waste of a opportunity:bounce:

^ Yeah, she should have had more than one spread in that editorial.

Q&A with Anais!
Alright guys, it’s here! Thank you SO much Anais for taking time out of your busy schedule and answering all our questions, and thank you guys for sending in your questions!
1.What is your favourite editorial to date? What is your most memorable career moment and runway walk (for who)?
I have many favourite editorials. I love leopard print so any of my shoots with leopard print (Vogue Paris by Giampaolo Sgura, Nov 2013 and Lucky Magazine by Patrick Demarchelier, Sept 2014), but I have to say I’m very happy with most editorials I’ve done! Favourite runway walk: Victoria’s Secret of course
2. What designer do you dream of working with?
Riccardo Tisci
3. What do you like the most and the least about your job? What advice would you give to young girls who aspire to model as well?
What I like the most about my job is that I get the chance to travel to places I’ve never been before, the least is that I don’t really have control of my schedule so it’s hard to plan stuff I want to do on the side. If you want to be model, you have to think twice. It’s a really hard job and fashion is a tough industry, so if you have a soft heart, think twice.
4. Where was the nicest place you’ve traveled to for a job?
The nicest places I’ve been are Singapore, Turks and Caicos, a lot of places in the Caribbean (I love the Caribbean)
5. Are you single or in a relationship?
I’m in a relationship
6. What do you do to stay fit?
I do a lot of boxing
7. Which models do you consider to be your closest friends?
My closer model friends are Jourdan Dunn, Cat Decome, Magdalena Frackowiak, Ataui Deng and Arlenis Sosa.
8. Being in a business that can have highs and lows, how do you keep yourself happy independent of your career or personal life? How do you deal with fear of trying something new or insecurity?
The only think you can do to stay happy in this business is actually having other things to do, so you don’t wait after anything. Keep yourself busy, create stuff, try to change the world.
9. What products do you use on your skin?
I use all the new Dolce & Gabbana skin care products
10. What would you be doing now if you hadn’t become a model?
If I didn’t become a model, I would maybe be a vet, a lawyer… An activist (I already am)
11. If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I’d love to go to Bali
12. Is there a specific model you look up to?
I don’t really look up to models, but my queens are Linda Evangelista and Stephanie Seymour
13. How did you and Jourdan Dunn meet? What is your relationship with her and other coloured models?
I think JD and I met at a show. I do support other black models, but like everywhere there are some idiots. I love Nyasha, JD, Sharam Diniz, Herieth Paul, Atauti Deng, Ajak Deng, Arlenis Sosa, Jeneil Williams, Joan Smalls and Sessilee Lopez. I love and support all these beautiful girls!
14. What is your favourite dish?
I can’t say I have one, I have 100 favourite dishes. Anything French and Italian.
15. Oftentimes, you hear rumors of black (female) models feuding and not getting along but you have lots of friends within the industry. How important is unity to you & what message (if any) do you want others to take from seeing all of you ladies come together and support each other?
Great question! Unity is important to me but after seeing and living in the situation, I was disappointed by some girls. Respect is one of the important values to me and when I see a disrespectful girl, it pisses me off. Some girls seem to have no brain and, excuse my french, are dumb - but that’s what it is. Unity is for everyone, not only because we’re black, everyone should be united: black, white, asian. Women should be united, and this all starts with RESPECT.
16. In your Vogue Black interview with Bethann Hardison, you briefly touched on racism within the industry & how certain designers refused to work with black models. That was 2010. How have things changed since then, if they’ve changed at all?
I don’t know if that changed a lot. I see a bit more colored women but at the end of the day the change is not that different…
17. Does you find it hard navigating the fashion industry because of racism? Do you see models who are darker (particularly black women) have a harder time succeeding vs their lighter skin sisters?
Yes, definitely. Light black women are more exposed because they have white features. I’m one of them, but at the end of the day I’m half white. But look at Ajak and Ataui, are they getting more jobs than us? I don’t know, these girls are true beauty and I want them to get as much work as light girls do. I want to see african black girls on beauty campaigns and in the front of the scene.
source: fyeahanaismali.tumblr.com

Bloomingdale’s 100 Percent Fall 2014
Photos by Alexi Lubomirnski

bloomingdales.com

Weird she didn't do NYFW:huh:. Anyway, i know she doesn't have a showcard but i hope she surprises us and pops up in Milan (even though for some inexplicable reason it's never been her city:judge: ) or Paris^_^

She's a shorter model, so that's why she doesn't really do many shows in Milan or Paris. But right now (according to instagram) it seems like she is on vacation. She's not really new anymore, she's been around for a couple seasons which can be detrimental to a model's show list (especially for the ethnic girls). Most runway models fall into: "it girl" "filler girl" "new girl" or the ones that have really great relationships with designers.

Heroine magazine by Paul Maffi
10471956_1394047087500585_1421118677_n.jpg
10632539_519604611508502_1062948299_n.jpg

source: websta.me/n/realanaismali

French Revue De Modes #25 Fall/Winter 2014-2015
Model:
Anais Mali
Photographer: Urivaldo Lopes
Fashion Editor: Jonathan Mahaut
Beauty: Laure Dansou
anais-mali-by-urivaldo-lopes-for-french-revue-de-modes-25-17-e1411347859763.jpg
anais-mali-by-urivaldo-lopes-for-french-revue-de-modes-25-16.jpg

anais-mali-by-urivaldo-lopes-for-french-revue-de-modes-25.png
anais-mali-by-urivaldo-lopes-for-french-revue-de-modes-25-1.png
anais-mali-by-urivaldo-lopes-for-french-revue-de-modes-25-2.png
anais-mali-by-urivaldo-lopes-for-french-revue-de-modes-25-3.png
anais-mali-by-urivaldo-lopes-for-french-revue-de-modes-25-4.png
anais-mali-by-urivaldo-lopes-for-french-revue-de-modes-25-5.png
anais-mali-by-urivaldo-lopes-for-french-revue-de-modes-25-6.png
anais-mali-by-urivaldo-lopes-for-french-revue-de-modes-25-7.png
anais-mali-by-urivaldo-lopes-for-french-revue-de-modes-25-8.png
anais-mali-by-urivaldo-lopes-for-french-revue-de-modes-25-9.png
anais-mali-by-urivaldo-lopes-for-french-revue-de-modes-25-10.png
anais-mali-by-urivaldo-lopes-for-french-revue-de-modes-25-11.png

source: wearesodroee.com

Last edited by a moderator:
^continued
]
anais-mali-by-urivaldo-lopes-for-french-revue-de-modes-25-12.png
anais-mali-by-urivaldo-lopes-for-french-revue-de-modes-25-13.png
anais-mali-by-urivaldo-lopes-for-french-revue-de-modes-25-14.png
anais-mali-by-urivaldo-lopes-for-french-revue-de-modes-25-15.png

source: wearesodroee.com

Ugh, stunningly SUBLIME:wub:.. Insanely GORGEOUS:wub:.. Seriously, BREATHTAKING:wub:.. A girl like this should be booking jobs for Gucci, Pucci, Versace, Lanvin & Givenchy:judge:. Soo unfair that she isn't 2-4" taller (or that this industry would just have the vision to not care:innocent: ) cuz she'd be one of the THE top girls around:P

AFRICAN WARRIOR PRINCESS REALNESS!! She just slayed the whole industry of working models right there in one editorial. Seriously every shot is stunning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiekar
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->