Anatomy of a Magazine Cover

that was really interesting:D
i especially found it fascinating how celebrities are sometimes booked a year before the actual cover!
models only get the cover if the celebrities don't appear??
seems a bit unfair, but i think the magazines they're talking about here are more gossip and life magazines.
i also liked the details on cover testing.
thanks kimair!

I've seen this article pinned for so long, and finally sat down and read it this evening. Thanks kimair. :flower:

Magazines are such a kick. Just sitting down, and opening that first page is still so thrilling to me. I look at every page in a magazine, whether it's an advertisement or not. And after reading this article, I'll definitely appreciate covers much, much more.

And I wonder who have been the most demanding cover models/celebrities in the past. Sounds like Aniston and Moore are pretty easygoing, but I've heard that women like Mariah Carey are a bit more demanding. But I suppose that's a little off topic, and could spiral into something else.

$100,000 does seem awefully steep. I definitely think it varies, and I would be surprised if it hit that mark often.

What an interesting article! This is really eye opening, especially as I want to be a magazine editor (of Vogue, or I could settle for Seventeen :-p) when I grow up. Thanks for posting!

It's a great article, very insightful - thank you.

It's a bit shocking how in fashion business model covers are treated as inferior to celeb covers - the whole 'model gets a cover shot if a celeb must cancel their appearance' thing is paranoid!

Thanks for posting that article! I didn't know how much work was put into a magazine cover until now!

Amazing!!! Well said, i would like us to get a group together and make a magazine and have a new issue comming out every week i will work hard on it and put alot of effort into it if anyone else is insterested!:D

This article was SO interesting, thank you for sharing! I will definitely be looking at magazines from a different angle from now on. (Even if $100,000 is an exaggeration - you just never think about all of the work and time that goes into a publication)

milamar said:
It's a great article, very insightful - thank you.

It's a bit shocking how in fashion business model covers are treated as inferior to celeb covers - the whole 'model gets a cover shot if a celeb must cancel their appearance' thing is paranoid!

Yeah, I gathered from the article that the models are just Plan "B". WOnder if it's only certain mags that do that or is it genreally applicable.
I enjoyed reading the article! Thanks!

I too saw this thread pinned for so long and decided to finally read through it. I would have never imagined that models got such a low pay for an ed or even a cover. It makes me wonder how they sometimes get so rich! Although the answer obviously is ads and perhaps shows. Still, I am amazed by this.

Very interesting article thanks!

the phrase

'it's not rocket science!'

should now be replaced with

'it's not a cover shoot!'

Great story! It's interesting that celebs hold so much power in this industry.

Absolutely fascinating! Thanks for posting this!! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->