• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

And the new bond is.....

Eww. Downgrade.I don't like James Bond anyway.
Sean Connery must be laughing. :innocent:

Jadee said:
Eww. Downgrade.I don't like James Bond anyway.
Agreed! Bond films are so boring that I don't really care either way but surely this is bad casting even for Bond freaks?

I thought he was very good in Layer Cake. He's perfect. He's very British - good on him! :woot:

SiennaInLondon said:
Agreed! Bond films are so boring that I don't really care either way but surely this is bad casting even for Bond freaks?

I remember him in the road to perditions, he wasn't good looking nor charismatic.
He'll be the next Timothy Dalton. :P

Hanne said:
wasn't sean connery blondish in some of the ones he was in?

Probably just the greying... I swear that Roger Moore was blondish when he was younger though...

Not feelin' the love for this new Bond gent. Doesn't look like a Bond material to me. However, his voice is sexy :smile:

he really doesnt look like a bond! :lol:

i wonder how he is going to seduce the women!...... i do think the script writers might help abit:innocent:

I think he's gorgeous and his eyes :heart:

1340335.jpg
1340332.jpg

(pics from skynews)

Fashion Puss said:
I thought he was very good in Layer Cake. He's perfect. He's very British - good on him! :woot:

Agreed. I think he'll be great as Bond, and I loved Layer Cake!

Fade to Black said:
Is he? For some reason I was always under the impression he was australian...if he is indeed British, my mistake. I still stand by my belief that he's too feminine-looking/boyish to play Bond.

Orlando Bloom is in fact British. Born in Canterbury, Kent.
However, regardless of whether he's British or not, I agree that he's not really Bond material....too teen idol-esque.
Daniel Craig also strikes me as an odd choice coz physically, I've always imagined Bond to be dark haired and Daniel Craig almost looks Scandinavian.
I think they should have gone with Clive Owen who is a fantastic actor and can definitely pull off the Bond lines.

bond

Daniel Craig has done a lot of movies, if you look him up in IMDB. I think Orlando Bloom would've been a downgrade, he's pretty but not a good actor. Craig did a great job in Layer Cake and it will be interesting to see him as Bond. He is not a pretty boy but he has nice eyes and he has the charisma. You just have to see him on the screen, don't go by still shots. Though Clive Owen would have been a great Bond, too. *swoon*

Ewwww, him?!

Pierce Bronsan was the best Bond ever. He fit the role perfectly. Daniel Craig is just yuck. I don't even see any suaveness in him.

Good choice. I love Craig's eyes. I wish Tarantino was directing though. It would have spiced things up a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->